Rate my room response graph

Nivalis

Registered
Hey guys

I'm Robin from Switzerland and I'm running a small little recording studio here in Switzerland (Klangkaserne). I'm into recording, mixing and mastering. The last couple of months I tried to improve my sound by doing some measurements and applying some absorbers and diffusers to my studio walls. I also tried to find the sweet spot for placing my main monitors (PSI A21M). The mic I used for the measurements is the Behringer ECM8000. After several adjustments I noticed a big improvement in sound and I'm pretty happy with the results.

the room is 13 by 11 feet and has a slanted ceiling. what else do you have to know? Just aske me!

Let me know what you think about my current setup and my response graph.

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Attachments

• Room acoustics Klangkaserne.mdat
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • Bilder Studio I.jpg
    Bilder Studio I.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Bilder Studio II.jpg
    Bilder Studio II.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Bilder Studio III.jpg
    Bilder Studio III.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 24

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Looks pretty good. The peaks at 127 and 174 Hz might intrude a little, and mean that 100 - 200 Hz region is a bit high relative to below 100 Hz. There is an increase in 2nd harmonic distortion between 110 and 470 Hz which looks a little out of place, may want to measure each speaker individually to see whether that is from one speaker alone.

Nivalis

Registered
Hey John! Thank you very much for your response. I love your work and dedication to sound & acoustics. I also tested both speakers and measure them individually. Maybe I can upload the right file with the separate measurements. I had some dips and problem areas with the left speaker. I will post it as soon as I have some spare time! Thank you again for your work! ;) I'm a big fan of you and your software!

I also attached my first measurement before using REW! What a nice tool to get a better sound! I'm so grateful!

Attachments

• First Measurement.jpg
    First Measurement.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Top Bottom