Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon H3500
Front Speakers
Goldenear 3d Array X
Surround Speakers
Goldenear Supersat3
I'm hoping someone here can help me interpret these results. I'm putting together a new system and am very limited in subwoofer placement and size. I've only got 3 places the subwoofer can go so I'm trying to figure out what I should look at ordering, using these results as a guide. I can go one of 2 ways: 1 larger sealed subwoofer (narrowed down to HSU ULS-15 MK2 or SVS SB2000 pro/SB3000 as something with built in EQ) or dual smaller, lower end ones (SVS PB-1000 largest ported sub I can fit due to height, could go with 2 SVS SB12-NSD as well).
I understand that the room sim can only be so accurate so I will order from somewhere I can send back. But my hope is that these results give enough info to maybe make the right choice up front. Please see attached Room Sim results

Attachments

• Sub 1.PNG
    Sub 1.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Sub 2.PNG
    Sub 2.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Sub 3.PNG
    Sub 3.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 16
  • Subs 1 and 2.PNG
    Subs 1 and 2.PNG
    65.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Subs 1 and 3.PNG
    Subs 1 and 3.PNG
    61.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Subs 2 and 3.PNG
    Subs 2 and 3.PNG
    68.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The responses with 2 subs generally look a little easier to manage than the single sub responses.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
2 sealed subs in a 6800 cubic foot room may not get it done depending on what you'd like to achieve or expect.
SVS has excellent customer support and will give you honest feedback/advice. I'd expect HSU to be the same, but have no personal experience. If you haven't already, you might consider reaching out to them before clicking buy to see what they say.

So at least 2 subs because of what John M said as well as likely needing the additional output.

Top Bottom