Quality Report not showing sound

alblip

When I do a measurement in AL XO, the Quality report doesn't show any visual data, only the numbers. The Dynamic Range seems to be affected if I change the microphone input and I also see the measurements, so it seems that everything is working... but I don't see any wave in the window of the report. Maybe this is a bug, or am I doing something wrong? :?

measurement quality report error.PNG measurement.PNG

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
This looks like a bug to me. If you could send me the measurement file ... and the "SweepMeasurementFile.wav" that you will also find in the measurement folder I will do a check for you and maybe find the bug too.

alblip

Sure, I send to you the files. As one of them is a wav and it seems that the forum doesn't allow to send those, I did a wetransfer, here is the link (I had to remove "https://" because I can't send links as this is only my 5th message in the forum):

wetransfer.com/downloads/b83d5a110e52e67176e760ae940ef45920220204133226/0c75fa80ce1103999251ab009d37335420220204133243/645cba

Just in case it is useful, I'm doing this in a Windows 10 Home, version 21H2, compilation 19044.1288 with the Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. It is installed in a Mac machine (natively using Bootcamp Assistant, so this shouldn't matter at all, but...)

Also, I exported to pdf the measurement, just to check that it wasn't something related to my display. But the exported image is also empty.

I can do any debug that may help you to find the bug, just let me know and I'll be your remote hands!

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
This was a bug that could appear when the used input channel had a high number. Here's how your report was supposed to look:

alblip

Nice! Indeed I was using 8 as the input channel of the mic. Unfortunately I can't use a lower input channel number as my mic XLR starts in 9 (1-8 inputs are jack without phantom).

As a workaround, and as I read in the screenshot, can I just open the SweepMeasurementFile.wav in Audacity and check if the wave is Ok? So the Quality Report window is basically showing the wave, but I can check it in any other software? If this is the case, this is a great workaround then (until bugfix is released at least!)

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Yes you can check it in Audacity. You can see more there too, but it is cumbersome if you run long sweeps. But this chart isn't as important now as it was a few years ago. The most common problem you will see there (if any) is digital clipping, but you will be notified about that regardless.

Top Bottom