Profile picture VS avatar?

Discussion in 'Forum Assistance, Support and Requests' started by Tony V., May 26, 2017.

1. Tony V.

Tony V. Moderator
    Staff Member

Is there a way that we can have a picture of ourselves in our profile that is separate from the Avatar? I dont mind having a picture of me but would like to use a different avatar.

2. billrobbo

billrobbo Moderator
    Staff Member

Photoshop them together?

3. Sonnie

Sonnie Senior Admin
    Staff Member

No way to do this with XenForo that I can find. They don't even make an add-on for it. I think their reasoning was it creates confusion for other members, which might be true.

4. mechman

mechman Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Out of curiosity, why did we go with XenForo over vBulletin? Is vBulletin gone or has it gotten too expensive?

5. Sonnie

Sonnie Senior Admin
    Staff Member

XF is easier to setup vs what is available for vB... and much more functional and smooth flowing.

I knew the back-end of vB 3 pretty well, as it is what we used at HTS, but the new vB... I honestly haven't a clue. XF was started by most of the guys that created vB 3.

Most of the admin on our Big Board forum that I am a member of... if they have both, they are quick to state they prefer XF over vB.

I doubt vB will ever go anywhere.

BTW.... I own a copy of vB 4 and I tried it on personal forum of mine a while back and it was truly difficult to figure out. We could have used it, but we all agreed that XF would work better. It got to where I could not even maintain the vB 4 forum without constant errors that I could not figure out... so I closed it and shut it down.

6. mechman

mechman Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Makes sense.