Procella Audio Set to Rock ISE 2019 with a 21.4.10 Immersive Sound System

Procella Audio Set to Rock ISE 2019 with a 21.4.10 Immersive Sound System

full?d=1548699271.png
(January 28, 2019) Procella Audio isn’t shy about going big. Just look back at the company’s mammoth reveal at CEDIA 2018: the all-new V21 Bass Engine subwoofer (read: here). This monster (dubbed “Godzilla” on the company’s website) weighs 179 pounds and packs a serious subsonic punch with dual 21” drivers. And while the sub sat in a state of static display at the San Diego Convention Center, I’m fairly sure I felt the ground quake as I inspected its impressive physical presence.

With that in mind, is it any surprise the company has announced plans to dominate ISE 2019 with a gargantuan immersive sound system consisting of 21.4.10 channels?

Let the drooling begin.

According to Procella: “When Trinnov Audio announced the Altitude 48 Extender, we knew we had more toys to play with. So, we redesigned our Procella Audio sound room for ISE 2019 to use as many channels, as many loudspeakers, as needed for a truly immersive, optimal cinematic audio experience. So this time it will be a 21.4.10 system, with some unusual but well thought out loudspeaker placements.”

The system will employ five channels across the front of the room (using Procella’s P8 speaker) married to a dedicated subwoofer (Procella’s P18). Here, you’ll find the standard Left, Center, and Right speaker positions, in addition to inner-Left and inner-Right placements. This multi-channel arrangement is said to mimic “professional cinema” with the capability of delivering “impeccable detail across the front.”

Complementing the front soundstage are 14 surround channels and two wide channels using Procella’s P6V speaker, and a whopping ten overhead channels comprised of a front LCR (using Procella P6s), a central Voice of God speaker (Procella P5), and six P5 Atmos channels presented in overhead rows.

Of course, all of these speakers need bass support, which will primarily be handled by the company’s V21 sub and its all-new DA5000-DSP amplifier. This amp holds the capacity to feed the V21’s 21” drivers with a massive 2 x 2500 Watts of power. And further supplementing the arrangement, Procella is including two P15-FP dual 15” subs (mated to two DA2800-DSP amps) to support surround and Atmos channels.

The entire system will source media from a Kaleidescape player, with Trinnov’s Altitude 48 Extender and various Trinnov Amplitude8s pushing the speakers to inevitable heights of total auditory bliss.

Curious? Jealous of lucky ISE attendees? Consequently considering an impromptu trip to Amsterdam next week? Count me IN. Hopefully this system will jump Atlantic waters and land at a US-based industry event later this year (hey, we can all dream… right?).

Last edited:

phillihp23

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
This is interesting. It appears to incorporate front wides and front heights, adding more ceiling and surrounds. That is if I am interpreting things right. I currently have 11.4 system and would like too add 2-4 ceiling speakers (atmos). I wonder what software controls all these speakers and the hardware necessary too make it happen...I assume the trinnov altitude 48?

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
This looks very cool.

One of my partner companies is a procella dealer and loves this brand. Every time a Chicago job comes up I request the 21!

By the way Todd, your 16’s, at least in a coupled pair, probably have similar to more output below 30hz than that dual 21. As much as I love that style of sub and use pro driver based subs myself, their limited excursion and (in the Procella case) sealed cabinet means they just don’t keep up with the really high excursion drivers.

Of course most of the actual bass is above 30hz and those 21’s kill in that range.

In any case this is really cool.

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Yup. The V21 certainly has a certain cool factor. Too big for my space, tho ;-)

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
This is interesting. It appears to incorporate front wides and front heights, adding more ceiling and surrounds. That is if I am interpreting things right. I currently have 11.4 system and would like too add 2-4 ceiling speakers (atmos). I wonder what software controls all these speakers and the hardware necessary too make it happen...I assume the trinnov altitude 48?

That Trinnov is making it all possible. The deployment of speakers in this demo space is certainly interesting...The sub arrangement alone sounds rather complicated in its setup.

Top Bottom