Problems with sealed box volume method in TS-Parameters Tool

Mitsch Jarosch

Registered
Hi, there!

Running REW V5,19 with JRE 1.8.0_171 (OpenJDK) 64-bit on debian linux 4.19.0-1-amd64.

I have problems with the TS-Parameters Tool since about 1/2 year: Volume method leads to giant Vas results (that just can't be true: it's between 2000 and 4000 litres) and I don't know what's going wrong here. This happens on different machines with different Java Versions (tried OpenJDK and Oracle Java).

I attached a file with some measuring results. Here is the list to understand what I did on what measurement:
1: First time the problem appeared - free measurement
2: First time the problem appeared - measured in 49-litres-sealed-box
3: new attempt - free measurement
4: new attempt - measurement with weight (but I forgot how much g it was)
5: latest attempt with sealed box (49l)
6: latest attempt - free measurement
7: latest attempt - weight method (50g)

The weight method seems to work fine, at least it leads to a Vas around 180l which seems reasonable. But my problem is that I don't owe a fine scaled weighing machine so I can't trust the measurements. Best thing was the volume method would work again…

Any idea?

Attachments

• EVM15L-III.mdat
    936 KB · Views: 3

Mitsch Jarosch

Registered
Forgot to mention: I had a session where suddenly the volume method workes, again. It's attached…
This makes it even more strange. I just cannot tell what I did differently. And the measurements look just too similar to me to declare such a difference in Vas.

Attachments

• EVM15L-III_neu.mdat
    2 MB · Views: 6

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Perhaps try with the latest V5.20 beta. This is the result I get with the first 2 measurements in your file, 159 l:

ts1.jpg

and this is the result with measurements 3 and 5, 163 l:

ts2.jpg

Top Bottom