PROBLEMS WITH MERGE

JOSE BEMBIBRE

Registered
Hi,
After a merge of near field with a far field measurements, the IR window is the one of the far field, hence if you want to see the SPL full span you must adjust the IR window to the near field width.
I am not sure if this behaviour is deliberate or is just a small bug, anyway IMHO is confusing. I would suggest either applying automatically the IR window of the near fiel or a warning.
Best.
José

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The result of a trace arithmetic operation uses the window settings from trace A. For Merge B to A that means the result gets the window settings of A, which would typically be the far field measurement. Could have a Merge A to B operation, perhaps?

JOSE BEMBIBRE

Registered
When you perform a merge the near field measurement normally should be on B to avoid phase adjustments on the far field meas (in A) as part of the merge process. Keeping the IR window of A limit the view of the frequency span merged. i.e the near field until the IR window is expanded.
Best.
José

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I've changed the behaviour of merge to use the trace B window settings, that will be in the next beta.

Top Bottom