Problem mic input

Pierredm

Registered
Hello,

I've just bought a antelope orion HD.
I'm trying to calibrate it. There's no problem to set the output on REW but when I try to set the input it says to me :
Make sure that in Windows Settings > Privacy > Microphone
"Allow apps to access your microphone" is On.
Everything is on on the privacy mic.

Does anyone knows something about this problem.

My computer is PC on windows 10
Intel core i7 4.00GHZ

Thanks a lot
Pierre

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I'd guess there are ASIO drivers for it so probably best trying with the ASIO rather than Java drivers (change the driver selection on REW's soundcard preferences). Otherwise check that some other application hasn't taken exclusive control (can turn off the ability of apps to take exclusive controls in the Windows audio preferences for the device on the Advanced tab).

It won't need any calibration, but doing a loopback measurement helps check there isn't any monitoring active.

Pierredm

Registered
Thanks,
I've managed to calibrate my orion.
Now I have another question. When I measure my room, the answer is totally flat.
My mic is linked to the correct input, when I check the levels, everything's OK, but it's all flat from 20 to 22050.
Do you know what could be the problem?
Thanks a lot
Pierre

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Most likely cause if using Java drivers is the input channel selected for measurement has a loopback connection on it, e.g. loopback on left, mic on right but left selected as REW's measurement input. If using ASIO drivers the channels are mono, a possibility there could be some internal loopback activated in the Orion, but that's just a guess. If you post the mdat file of the measurement there may be some clues in it.

Top Bottom