Polk Audio Reveals Its Polk Assist Smart Speaker

Polk Audio Reveals Its Polk Assist Smart Speaker

[FLOAT_RIGHT]
full?d=1526235044.png

(Polk Audio)
[/FLOAT_RIGHT]
(May 13, 2018) Polk Audio recently unveiled a new entry in the smart speaker segment. Marketed as “premium smart speaker,” the Polk Assist delivers handsfree performance along with multi-room functionality in a room friendly package.

The pint-sized Polk Assist (7.5” H x 4.7” W x 4.7” D, 3 lbs) is designed for plug-and-play convenience straight from the box. Simply feed the speaker power and download the free Google Home (iOS) or Google Play (Android) app to tap a range of functionalities enabled by Google Assistant and Chromecast built-in. Owners can control the speaker with voice commands and top-mounted buttons, while maintaining the ability to easily integrate it with other Chromecast-enabled speakers (such as Polk’s MagniFi Mini and MagniFi Max soundbars) for simple multi-room audio. In addition, Chromecast allows owners to stream music direct from popular audio apps, such as Pandora, TuneIn, Spotify, and Google Play Music.

Polk Audio built the speaker using the Android Things platform, which brings Google’s intelligent learning algorithms into play. The speaker also automatically updates its own functionality and security features for a streamlined and convenient operating experience.

Audio performance specs have yet to be revealed, however Polk says it designed the speaker’s 1” tweeter, 3.5” woofer, and amp for a classic Polk sound experience. The unit carries Bluetooth 4.1 and supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless protocols.

The Polk Assist is available in both Midnight Black and Cool Grey color finishes. It’s due to begin shipping during June 2018 with a price of $199. For more information visit Polk Audio on the net.

Jeff S

I have used another smart speaker for a while now. While I love the convenience and fun factor, I really don't enjoy listening to music on them. I still prefer my stereo setup with an amp, speakers, etc. I guess I am just old fashioned.

typ44q

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz SR6011
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA 3
Additional Amp
Emotiva UPA 7
Other Amp
Behringer NU 6000 DSP
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo BDP 103, Nvidia Shield Pro, Panasonic UHD
Front Speakers
Polk LSiM705
Center Channel Speaker
Polk LSiM706c
Surround Speakers
Polk LSiM F/X
Subwoofers
Dayton Audio 18" Ultimax Subwoofer
Video Display Device
Sony XBR-65A1E
Remote Control
Harmony touch
Streaming Equipment
Plex server 80TB NAS
I am the exact same way, I have a few Google assistants in my home and never listen to music on them especially when I have much better audio equipment in the rooms that I spend most of my time in.

Top Bottom