Overlays save graph as image font size

Mitchco

Hi John,

Somewhere between REW 5.19 B9 and the latest release, the font size for the Overlays when saved is smaller. Is there a setting for the font size?

Red RCF ND950 in HF950 horn Green JBL 2453h SL on 2384 horn.jpg
Red RCF ND950 in HF950 horn Green JBL 2453h SL on JBL 2384 horn.jpg

Kind regards,
Mitch

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When you say "latest release" do you mean 5.19 or 5.20 beta 5? Font sizes are in the View preferences, in the 5.20 beta versions there is a separate setting for the font size for graph captures.

Mitchco

Yes, 5.20 B5. Cranking up the graph view prefs to 20 point:

this is a test.jpg

Better. Is this the new format instead of under the title? Also, don't know where the Ohm scale came from?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Wouldn't expect to see an ohm scale unless there is an impedance measurement loaded. Was there?

That is the new format, you can also use html tags in the comment to format it (including tags that change text size).

Mitchco

No impedance measurement loaded... If I load any of my mdat's, which none of them contain any impedance measurements, is showing the ohm scale on the overlay... Bug? I can send an mdat if that is helpful...

TBH, I personally like the way it was before, where the font sizes were perfect and the added text was underneath the Chart title. Now I can't get either as the font size, graph frequency scales (i.e. background chart grid) and the trace itself all look smaller and thinner. Any chance that the "default" setting for all of this could be set so that it was like it was back in 5.19? But still have it adjustable for folks that want to adjust? You can see it is quite a difference in my first post...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes, please send or attach an mdat showing the ohms scale.

There isn't any difference in the font sizes used for anything other than the comment (which was a fixed large font that wouldn't fit if the captured image was small or the comment was long). All the 5.20 beta version do in that respect is provide a separate control for the font to use for graph captures. The main difference is that versions from 5.19 beta 10 onwards render the graph image directly at the requested resolution rather than scaling the screen image up or down to meet the desired size. The scaling could give very small or very large text and blur gridlines. In 5.20 the ability to use html formatting in the comment was added, giving very broad control over the appearance of the comment.

The 20 pt image shows an issue with the legend rendering, I've fixed that for the next beta.

Mitchco

Also looks like the on screen font size is different than the save as image font size as well...
It would be great if there was an option to just add text under the title...

Anyway, here is the file opened normally in REW:

measure file.JPG

Here is the same file, but clicking on the overlays:

measure overlay.JPG

And here is the save as image. Note the different font size compared to above...

save to image.jpg

Finally, the mdat is attached as a zip. PS. I have never taken any impedance measurements but have 100's of other measures... I have been using your program for a long time (thank you!) and never have I had any issues with font size or save to image, which I have posted 100's of online...

Attachments

• Mar 26 LS Center.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks. Looks like you have increased the graph font size as well as the graph capture font size, they are different settings - only the graph capture setting affects the saved images. I think I'll move that graph capture font setting to the capture dialog. I'll look at other options for comment positioning.

fonts.jpg

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Note that in this age of high DPIscreens rendering to screen can give quite different results to rendering to an image, depending on the OS settings for display scaling. Could your display scaling be set to 150% ?

Last edited:

Mitchco

Thanks! And yes I use screen scaling as it is a computer to a LCD TV screen.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The errant Ohm axis has been fixed for the next beta and I have added options for the comment position (above, below or on the graph), font size (separate from the graph axis/legend font size) and alignment (centre aligned only for on-graph). HTML formatting for the comment is only available for the above/below graph positioning.

Top Bottom