OPPO UDP-205 4K Ultra HD Audiophile Blu-ray Disc Player Unboxing and Preview

Discussion in 'UHD / Blu-ray Players / CD Players' started by Todd Anderson, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Last Friday, OPPO officially announced the availability of its highly anticipated UDP-205 4K Ultra HD Audiophile Blu-ray Disc Player. The wait has been long, but based on the specs, it was worth it. You can read all about the UDP-205, here

I received a review sample this afternoon and am blown away by the robust nature of this player. The shipping box is beefy (much larger than OPPO players of the past) and the unit itself stands nearly twice as tall as the UDP-203 (see last photo). Packaging, as normal for OPPO, is A+ quality, with lots of attention paid to the fine details that add to the experience of opening an OPPO product.

#1 Todd Anderson, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Robert Zohn and chrapladm like this.
  2. chrapladm

chrapladm Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow that thing is a beast. I also like seeing the packaging being so robust. Gives me great confidence for when I order one to be shipped to Australia.

3. Sonnie

Sonnie Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Nice! No doubt it wreaks of quality all about it. Can wait to read your review of it.

It is the same height of the BDP-105 at 4.8"... so I will be looking at a drop-in replacement when I get mine.

Robert Zohn likes this.
  4. Jon Liu

Jon Liu Active Member

Looks good, Todd! I've never had any of the x5/xx5 models. I've always stuck with the x3/xx3. I never realized how much bigger they were comparatively!

5. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
    Staff Member