Oppo Service Still Rocks

Discussion in 'Home Theater / Audio and Video - Misc Topics' started by AudiocRaver, Apr 28, 2019.

1. AudiocRaver

AudiocRaver Senior Admin
    Staff Member

The Oppo HA-1 Headphone Amp that I reviewed years ago and still have as a piece of super reference gear just gave up the ghost, shuts down immediately after powering it on.

My email to Oppo Service was answered the same day with an RA number and instructions for returning it.

Even under the circumstances, their service dept still rocks!

I will update you on the repair as it progresses. I hope to ship it tomorrow.

Negatron likes this.
  2. Sonnie

Sonnie Senior Admin
    Staff Member

OPPO is one of those companies that has always amazed me at how customer service oriented they are. For them to maintain like they have after discontinuing sales is definitely above and beyond... and shows their superb character.

Negatron likes this.
  3. AudiocRaver

AudiocRaver Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Get this! The HA-1 was shipped to Oppo on Wednesday. The HA-1 is a heavy little beast, so shipping, via USPS Priority Mail - there is no UPS or Fedex in our little town - cast about $75 with $1,000 worth of insurance. It was supposed to reach California by Friday (yesterday), but must have gotten there on Thursday, because it has already been repaired and shipped out by Fedex Ground. I have a tracking number that shows the HA-1 arriving by Friday of next week. Very impressive!

Negatron likes this.
  4. tripplej

tripplej AV Enthusiast

Oppo is a great company! Glad to hear they are still maintaining customer service. :)

5. Grayson Dere

Grayson Dere Moderator
    Staff Member

Does it still make sense to purchase a new Oppo player today if I wanted one? Or is it too risky depending if they stop servicing them in the near future?