Not getting any traces in RTA

ainuke

Registered
Hi All,

Longtime user, first time poster.

I just got some binaural mics to play around with the tune in my car, and went to use REW to test them out. I'm using an external USB sound card, since the jack on my laptop is a TRRS, I believe. Anyway, I'm able to select the sound card (Java drivers) and see input levels registering in the level meter. However, if I attempt to take a measurement or use the RTA, I get no traces, bars, nada; not for the background noise nor the pink noise. I've used a UMM-6 from Dayton with no issue with this, and I feel like I have some familiarity with the software, but it's starting to drive me batty. I tried unplugging the mics and sound card, and am able to get input levels through the level meter via the laptop's built-in mic, but even that won't show any sound in the RTA. I've un/reinstalled REW to no improvement. I want to think there's just a tick box somewhere that's been unticked, but I can't find it.

Using v5.18 w/JRE on Win10 Pro (probably with the Creator's update). It's my wife's laptop, and she frequently installs everything that pops up.

Any help appreciated!!

Erik

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Can you post a screenshot of the RTA when it is set to capture?

Have you tried the latest REW beta? It is in the Downloads section here.

ainuke

Registered
will try beta

EDIT: installed 5.19 beta 6. no joy. Same issues. :sad:

Also tried installing with Windows 7 compatibility. Same issues.

Last edited:

flmusclehead

Registered
REW used to work fine... Now I'm getting nothing here... Can someone give me a clue?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 12.30.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 12.30.49 AM.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 17

John Mulcahy

REW Author
will try beta

EDIT: installed 5.19 beta 6. no joy. Same issues. :sad:

Also tried installing with Windows 7 compatibility. Same issues.
There might be something in the REW log files, their location is shown in the About REW window. It is possible a preference has become corrupted somewhere, if that is the case could use the Delete preferences and shut down option in the Preferences menu to clear them out.

ainuke

Registered
FIXED!

As directed:
Preferences>Delete Preferences and Shut Down.
Reopen REW.

Back to full functionality! There is joy again. :jump:

Thank you for your help, John. And thanks for an awesome resource!

Top Bottom