Noise floor....Is this normal..

anu_2stroker

This is the noise floor the UMIK 1 is reading in my room as well as in my car. What am i doing wrong? What can cause this? Uploaded the calibration file in REW.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I wouldn't say so. Below is one from my desk with the same settings, while the house is pretty quiet. If you open the SPL meter the figures will be in white if the cal file is loaded OK, red otherwise. Set the input volume for the mic to the 0 dB position, which is about 53% (right click on the volume control in the Levels tab of the Windows audio properties for the UMIK to have it read dB rather than percent). What's the mic's serial number?

anu_2stroker

I wouldn't say so. Below is one from my desk with the same settings, while the house is pretty quiet. If you open the SPL meter the figures will be in white if the cal file is loaded OK, red otherwise. Set the input volume for the mic to the 0 dB position, which is about 53% (right click on the volume control in the Levels tab of the Windows audio properties for the UMIK to have it read dB rather than percent). What's the mic's serial number?

View attachment 51112
Thanks for the reply.. Mic serial number is- 709-1832.
Below is the screenshot of mic volume

anu_2stroker

Can someone post a normal noise floor measurement from a car.. just for reference.

anu_2stroker

Just and update. Found that noise cancellation was ON in the HP audio controls. However, could not disable it so uninstalled it and tried. No change in measurements unfortunately. Any tips guys..
HP1.jpg

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
This is mine from some time ago. I have three refriderator/freezers running, and traffic a few blocks away. I'm in a stick-built house with great room and cathedral ceilings. It's fairly noisy here...

Attachments

• Screenshot (4294).png
    Screenshot (4294).png
    125.3 KB · Views: 16

anu_2stroker

This is mine from some time ago. I have three refriderator/freezers running, and traffic a few blocks away. I'm in a stick-built house with great room and cathedral ceilings. It's fairly noisy here...
Below is the reading i had taken inside the car with everying OFF. Meanwhile i installed REW in an old PC, getting the same result prettymuch... can it be an issue with the caliberation file?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-04-03 at 3.32.48 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-04-03 at 3.32.48 PM.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Top Bottom