No longer used: REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release No longer used: REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 beta 9

You Must Login or Register to Download

Niklasmagnus

Here are the print screens. As you can see in the Preferences I get output and mic is picking up the sound. But in the Make a measurement I get no output and the mic is only picking up the ambient sound. This worked fine before the upgrade.

Attachments

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks for that. The sweep range is the critical element, the range for that measurement results in REW selecting a custom span for the level check signal and there is a bug in that. I've fixed it for the next beta, you can work around it by increasing the sweep end to 2 kHz or just not bothering with the level check.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 8 with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 8 Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 8

V5.20 beta 8:
  • Don't show smoothing selection on captured graph images, any smoothing selected can be seen in the legend if included
  • Improved positioning of data panels on captured graph images and reduced panel opacity
  • Added an option to include date and time on graph captures
  • Improved icon resolution on macOS retina displays
  • Added a set of icons for the dark colour scheme
  • Windows installers now provide an option to allow multiple instances
  • Windows installers...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Gareth Watkins

i am getting the "Bundled JRE corrupted error" W10 64bit. Is there a way round this yet? Just purchased a UMIk1 and I can't use it.

Gareth Watkins

With the beta 8 installer? You can install a 64-bit java runtime from https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Hi. Thanks for swift reply.
Yes I actually tried that first, but I got a message implying that the installation was not fully complete due to some lack of support with Google Chrome. The REW installer then said it couldn't find a Java Runtime environment and prompted me to download the bundled one. That failed. I then uninstalled Java and tried again. Same result. Downloaded Java using Edge, no problem with that but REW still won't pay ball. Now at a loss!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The bit about chrome is just for applets. Make sure you install the 64-bit Java runtime if you are using the 64-bit version of REW, the "Windows" installer on Java.com is 32-bit.

Last edited:

Gareth Watkins

That was it! I installed from the Java site first. Bizarrely it didn't offer a choice of 32/ 64 bit on the online install which is what I originally used. I assumed it would work itself out as appropriate. Thanks very much for your help.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
OK, good - that's why I linked to the manual selection page. Are you definitely running the beta 8 installer by the way? I just removed Java on a 64-bit machine and the installer downloaded the runtime and continued with the installation as normal.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 9 Windows 64-bit installer

V5.20 beta 9 changes:
  • Reduced warning threshold for timing reference to -45 dBFS (from -30dBFS) and only show the warning once in a session
  • Added a window selection for the stepped sine dialog, Rectangular recommended when the generator and input are on the same device
  • Added an option to show or hide the filter numbers along the top of the EQ window's filter adjust graph
  • Added a warning in the help about using long sweeps if input and output are not on the same device due...
Read the rest of this update entry...

nanook

Hello John,
I just tried out the 64 bit version and it works smooth right from the start.
I wasn't aware so far, that the 64 bit version also downloads a private Java once it does not find one. The description says: "REW Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 8", so I assumed, it's me who has to take care about the 64 bit Java.
The new installers for Windows are really easy to handle now :-)

Question: Is there actually any disadvantage to use the 64 bit version rather than the 32 bit one?
I'm running W10 64 bit on an i5 laptop computer with 8GB DRAM.

Thanks again so much for this tool!
Mathias

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you are on a 64-bit platform best running the 64-bit version. I've removed the comment about requiring a 64-bit JRE since as you noted REW downloads one itself nowadays if one hasn't been installed.

Top Bottom