No longer used: REW Windows 64-bit installer

REW Beta Release No longer used: REW Windows 64-bit installer V5.20 beta 9

You Must Login or Register to Download

John Mulcahy

REW Author

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 7 or Java 8 with a new update entry:

V5.19 beta 10 Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 7 or Java 8

Changes in V5.19 beta 10:

• 24-bit data is now supported where the JVM makes it available (currently macOS and probably Linux)
  • Added 176.4, 352.8 and 384 kHz to the sample rates allowed for ASIO
  • Allow generator to continue running if ASIO output selection is changed - audio will be interrupted briefly, however
  • Added a dBc axis option for the RTA (dB relative to carrier, mainly used to present data relative to the level of the fundamental tone in the signal)
  • Only stop the...
Read the rest of this update entry...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 7 or Java 8 with a new update entry:

V5.19 beta 11 Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 7 or Java 8

V5.19 beta 11 changes:
  • Added Leq traces for the last minute and the last 10 minutes to the SPL logger
  • Added * in front of comment lines in the impulse response text export file and a * Data start comment immediately before the data
  • Trim trailing zeroes when exporting impulse response as text with window applied, but note that the data will be padded with zeroes so the length is a binary power if required
  • Show an error message if the file selected for data import does not...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

V5.19 beta 12 Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 7 or Java 8

Small changes in 5.19 beta 12, all being well the last before the 5.19 release.

• Improved rendering of text on spectrogram graph images when spectrogram floor is filled
  • Small refinement to the IR start detection code
  • Changed delay figure with acoustic timing reference back to using IR start time for limited bandwidth measurements (e.g. subwoofers), retained use of the Estimate IR Delay process otherwise
  • Bug fix: Added checks to try and prevent occasional exception when...

John Mulcahy

REW Author

V5.20 beta 1 64-bit Windows installer, requires 64-bit Java 7 or Java 8 JRE

First beta of V5.20
  • Increased audio data timeouts for macOS to accommodate 10.14 Mojave delays in granting audio access
  • Changed text for checkbox to lock sine gen frequency to RTA FFT length and included the FFT length in the text
  • Added Preferences menu entries to set the REW main window to a selection of predefined sizes
  • Bug fix: If not setting t=0 at IR peak the win ref time was not being reset after estimate IR delay, causing incorrect phase for FDW
  • Bug fix: SPL...

JohnYang1997

I have been loving this software for long time. I just have two little requests. I really wish you guys can look into it.
In the rta section.
1, include increased fft length for option this will help the noise floor.
2, include max overlap of 0% for option as this will as well help with the boise floor.
Thank you so much for developing such wonderful software.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Longer FFTs can be added, how long were you looking for? Don't see how the overlap affects the noise floor.

JohnYang1997

Longer FFTs can be added, how long were you looking for? Don't see how the overlap affects the noise floor.
Thanks for the fast reply!
About the fft length, maybe a few times longer, perhaps 1M.
About the overlap, as I increase the percentage of overlap, the noise floor on the graph apears higher, so I think changing to a lower value can give a lower noise floor.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Overlap shouldn't affect the noise floor. What kind of signals are you measuring and with what window and averaging? If there was no overlap sections of the data in the tapered region of the window would only make a partial contribution to the result.

JohnYang1997

Overlap shouldn't affect the noise floor. What kind of signals are you measuring and with what window and averaging? If there was no overlap sections of the data in the tapered region of the window would only make a partial contribution to the result.
Ok. I just tested with different averaging option. The higher noise floor is caused by the fixed averages which was 32 when I tested before. My bad.
I use hanning window all the time with 32 averages.
And I mainly test pure sine waves for my amplifier.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 8 with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 2 Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 8

V5.20 beta 2 changes:

• Gave the signal generator a revamp and added a signal waveform preview
  • Added fade in and fade out controls to the linear and log sweep signals
  • Added AES17-2015 MD and DFD presets to the dual tone signals
  • Changed sig gen level control behaviour for dual tone signals, the level setting now reflects the rms level of the combined signal rather than the rms level of f1
  • Added a selection of multitone test signals
  • Allow RTA lengths up to 1M
  • If the...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
John Mulcahy updated REW Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 8 with a new update entry:

REW V5.20 beta 2 Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 8

V5.20 beta 2 changes:

• Gave the signal generator a revamp and added a signal waveform preview
  • Added fade in and fade out controls to the linear and log sweep signals
  • Added AES17-2015 MD and DFD presets to the dual tone signals
  • Changed sig gen level control behaviour for dual tone signals, the level setting now reflects the rms level of the combined signal rather than the rms level of f1
  • Added a selection of multitone test signals
  • Allow RTA lengths up to 1M
  • If the...

osv

this software is not user-friendly, at all... i installed a no-java(?) version of it last night, and when i ran it today, it automatically opened up the rew help file... i've never seen software that opened up the help file by itself, without being told, and i spent a number of years as a network admin.

the problem with that approach is that with an hdmi receiver plugged into the computer, win10 thinks that the receiver is a second monitor, and the help file is opened up in that non-existent monitor, that can't be viewed, when there is only one actual monitor in the system... it wouldn't be a big issue, except for some weird reason the help file window can't be selected with a right-click, to drag over the actual default monitor, which i've never seen before, again.

so i unplugged the receiver, rebooted with no audio system, then tried to install the update, but i'm again faced with multiple software choices, because the installed software isn't capable of choosing the same version that is already installed... why can't the software just point to the version that's needed?

so i tried to install something, and i'm getting a "bundled jre is corrupted" error message, for i4j_nlog_5.log... how could a simple log file get corrupted?

i guess that i'll try to run the old version.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The "Bundled JRE is corrupted" message when trying to download a JRE on a system that doesn't have one looks to be an installer problem, I've logged a support ticket for that. It fails to properly download the JRE bundle, hence the message. There are REW versions for download which include a JRE, or a JRE could be installed from java.com (https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp for manual selection).

Updating is by no means as slick as it might be, I agree, though making it more automated is slightly complicated by having the beta versions on the forum here. Improving that is on my todo list.

I don't understand what you mean about selecting a window with a right click, sorry, and I have no idea why Win10 would want to open windows on another display device. I'm no network admin though.

osv

the corrupted log file message box was in front of the box that was talking about the java install, which i figured out by alt-tabbing between the two, which led me to manually install java, from the same link that you posted... i already had java 8 installed, so it was a version problem.

i think that i opened up the help file myself, while trying to figure out which version of the software i had, sorry about that... i would suggest that since you have a 64-bit version labeled as 64-bit in the file name, the 32-bit version should be labeled the same manner, like this, in order to cut down the confusion for newbies:

REW Windows 64-bit installer, requires 64-bit Java 8
REW Windows 32-bit installer (requires Java 8)

i have the receiver plugged into an hdmi video card port, on a desktop pc, so the receiver looks like another monitor to win10; it shows up as either an extended window or a duplicate window... if you plug a 2nd monitor into the hdmi output of the receiver, you'll see that 2nd window... it's a windows o.s. problem.

thx for all of the effort that you've put into this software, it's pretty sophisticated.​

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I've changed that download title. The help file does open on first installation, partly to make sure folk realise there is help.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The "Bundled JRE is corrupted" message when trying to download a JRE on a system that doesn't have one turned out to be my mis-configuration of the installer, it will work properly for the next beta.

Niklasmagnus

In the button "Check Levels" is not working in the "Make a measurement" dialog. But is working in the "Preference" dialog.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Works OK for me, can you provide more details, maybe screenshots of the Measure dialog and the soundcard preferences?

Top Bottom