Newbie question

PetriMan

Registered
I am trying to make some measures of my room and I am totally lost...

Se the overlay (1/24 smoothing): these two measurements have been made 30 sec apart with all settings untouched, mic in the same position (on a mic stand).
I can take 10 consequent measures and they all give different output. What am I doing wrong?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Difficult to say as you haven't provided any info about your measurement setup or what you are doing. A bit suspicious that the region where the measurements are consistent is 5k to 20k, which is the range of the acoustic timing reference.

PetriMan

Registered
OK, I am trying to measure my home studio control room.
I have Sonarworks Mic, Apollo X8 interface, WIN10 PC, Genelec 8260 speakers, if it helps.
If more info is needed just ask :)

I made no changes between the measurements, still the results are all over the place.
Overlay2020.jpg

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The mdat file for a measurement would usually be useful as it embeds a lot of info about the measurement, but I am away and don't have a means of opening the file so that's out.

Could you post screenshots of the REW soundcard preferences and of the Measure dialog before you make a measurement?

Could you post a screenshot of the Captured graph after you make a measurement? It is the last graph in the list, it shows the stimulus and captured signals for the last measurement made. It is blank for previous measurements.

Is monitoring off, so nothing from the mic is getting out to the speakers?

PetriMan

Registered
Thanks for the support John, here are some more screenshots. I bet I am doing something wrong :)

Translation:
Kaiuttimet=speakers
Mikrofoni=microphone

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It is better to select the input and output from the list rather than leave them as default. The graph I was after is called Scope on 5.19, it is the last in the list of graphs.

Do you hear the measurement sweep OK?

Best to select one channel at a time for measurement rather than L+R.

Top Bottom