newbie question

olli66

hello, Oliver my name.
I play my music via my PC with Essence STX II soundcard with customs OPAMPs and as software I use foobar with DSD ASIO output.
Now I would love to take my room optimisation a step further with software EQ optimisation (I did some room tuning with absorbers and acoustic curtains but that is as far as I am willing to go due to optics and my listening place being my living room).
I already bought the miniDSP UMIK-1 microphone.
My question:
When I the Room EQ Wizard software can I still use my foobar DSD ASIO output? Is there any way to also apply/integrate the EQ optimisation to my movie player "MPC HC"? My PC is pretty good. Still, will there be a delay when I apply the EQ settings?
Thanks for help

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW doesn't apply EQ itself, you need some external device or application for that. If you want to use an output for measurement that REW cannot access you could use the file playback method.

t3t4

hello, Oliver my name.
I play my music via my PC with Essence STX II soundcard with customs OPAMPs and as software I use foobar with DSD ASIO output.
Now I would love to take my room optimisation a step further with software EQ optimisation (I did some room tuning with absorbers and acoustic curtains but that is as far as I am willing to go due to optics and my listening place being my living room).
I already bought the miniDSP UMIK-1 microphone.
My question:
When I the Room EQ Wizard software can I still use my foobar DSD ASIO output? Is there any way to also apply/integrate the EQ optimisation to my movie player "MPC HC"? My PC is pretty good. Still, will there be a delay when I apply the EQ settings?
Thanks for help
Interesting, maybe this will help if you have not yet found your answer?. REW can analyze the room no problem and suggest EQ corrections, but to apply these correction directly the way you want to do it would require a player capable of both accepting the manually input corrections as well as being able to talk directly to whatever DAC you choose. In other words, you are going to need direct access to whatever controller/driver and/or device you want to use in this case and you need a player that can do the deed.

JRiver can do exactly what you require, but it's a learning curve for sure! This is what I use anyway and it is one seriously powerful media center..... I have never been able to get my movie data let alone thumbnails correct in any other program, This thing does it easily! It will play your bluray video, it will play your DSD any bit rate you like if your hardware is capable, it will do just about anything you could ever ask for and then sometimes, it just does way too much! I very strongly disagree with their help system, but I do love the program. Hope this helps, check out Jriver media center.

Top Bottom