Networking Anyone?

GFOviedo

So, my wife is tired of all the cables behind our A/V Stand. So, I’ve decided to centralize everything in one standing rack, which I will be building. I’ve got a 24 port switch, 24 port panel patch, and a desktop rack, which I thought would be a good idea to use rather than a regular bolt on rack, but now I’m having second thoughts. I also got a rackable power strip.

I’ve got ATT UVerse as internet provider. XFinity would be faster download speed, but they are limited to 10 Mbps upload. AT&T I can get up to 25 Mbps upload.

However, I’ve placed the AT&T gateway into IP pass through, and my Linksys EA7300 is handling all of my Ethernet wired devices as well as some WiFi devices. The AT&T gate is handling some other WiFi devices as well.

I thought that having both the AT&T gateway and Linksys handling WiFi would interfere, but so far they’ve both been excellent.

Now, I’ve got to run some Ethernet wires through the attic. I’m thinking of making one run to every room and using a switch in the room that will require more than one port. I will be using Cat6 since that’s what I’ve got available and Cat6a is too expensive for me.

Anyone else have a home networking set up they would like to share?

Top Bottom