Benchmark DAC3
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Computer Audio
USB out
Front Speakers
Monitor Audio Silver
Hi all-

I recently purchased a UMIK-2 microphone to calibrate my room. I have a Benchmark DAC3 connected to my Windows 10 PC via USB, and a Benchmark AHB2 connected to my mains. Audio output on this signal path works great when listening to music on the PC, but when I run REW V5.20.7 the audio output is imperceptibly low. I've got the Benchmark DAC selected in the preferences, and I also made sure I have the audio on my PC turned up all the way. If I switch to my desktop speakers hooked up to the 1/8" jack on the PC, audio levels are audible and seem to be where I'd expect them to be, but I can't seem to get the Benchmark to put out anything beyond a faint "bloop" on the sweep, and certainly nothing near normal listening levels.

Here's a view of what I see when I click "Check Levels...":

Can anyone recommend ideas for troubleshooting?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Check the sample rate on the Advanced tab of the Windows Audio properties for the Benchmark to make sure it is the same as the rate you want to use in REW. 192 kHz might not work properly with Java drivers on Windows, a better bet is to use an ASIO wrapper like FlexASIO, which also means the rate you select in REW will be the rate the device operates at.

serendipitist

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Benchmark DAC3
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Computer Audio
USB out
Front Speakers
Monitor Audio Silver
Got it working by installing the USB 2.0 driver from Benchmark. All is good now.

Top Bottom