Nanodigi and REW

ThomasBastian

Registered
Hi there :)

Iam using REW and Umik-1 to measure and a Minidsp Nanodigi as roomcorrection, but when i make a filter coefficient and add it to my Nanodigi, the curve looks more bumpy than without filters.
Is it because iam picking a wrong EQ in REW ?
I have tried MiniDSP, and MiniDSP-96K but with the same result.

Witch one should i use for Nanodigi ?

eq.jpg

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
the curve looks more bumpy than without filters.
Hi Thomas. Are you saying that after you put the filter(s) into the nanodigi and run a measurement sweep afterward, the sweep result is what’s more bumpy?

To your question, I’d expect one of the minidsp offerings to work. While filter coefficients all use the same terminology I.e. gain, q, center frequency... they don’t all work the same. That said, I’d be surprised if minidsp used differing filters in different units.
I’m guessing the difference between the different REW minidsp offerings is sample rate the filters are calculated for. If the sample rate is wrong, when you look at the filter in the minidsp plugin the gain will be visually wrong. So if you compare the the filter in REWs eq section to the filter in the minidsp plugin and they look the same, then it’s working.
If I’m understanding minidsp’s webpage for the nanodigi correctly the sample rate is plugin dependent.

You may find it easier to troubleshoot using a single filter that cuts a large peak. Remember not to move the measurement mic any amount at all between before and after measurements.

Top Bottom