(May 11, 2023) Dual VU meters, push-button input selectors, a walnut-finished vinyl-clad cabinet, and a dark grey front panel displaying the original New Acoustic Dimension logo are all features on the new C 3050 Stereophonic Amp ($1,399) that ooze retro appeal. But it's what you can't see that makes this amp modern to its core.
Employing NAD’s HybridDigital UcD amplifier technology, the C 3050 delivers 100 Watts per channel of continuous power and 135 Watts per channel of instantaneous peak power for confident reproduction of musical transients. NAD says noise and distortion are virtually unmeasurable throughout the entire audio-band, which lends to what's described as a neutral, distortion-free sound irrespective of load.
The amp's high-tech take on amplification is flanked by a Texas Instruments’ PCM5242 high-resolution differential DAC. A design known for its excellent dynamic performance and immunity to clock jitter, this DAC is included to keep accuracy and clarity on point. With the addition of the optional MDC2 BluOS-D, owners can take advantage of Dirac Room Correction and a fine-tuned playback experience.
Connectivity-wise, the C 3050 offers an ultra-low-noise MM phono input for turntable connection, HDMI eARC, coaxial, optical digital, and a pair of line-level analog inputs. Owners can connect two pairs of speakers with Speaker A/B switching, as well as a subwoofer. The C 3050 also has a dedicated headphone amplifier, and pre-out/main-in jacks to connect to a more powerful amplifier, or the option to be used as a preamp only. Other features include an IR remote control, a 12V trigger, and an IR input.
“The C 3050 may look like a throwback to the 70’s, and deliberately so, of course.” said Cas Oostvogel, Product Manager, NAD Electronics. “Yet at the same time it eclipses many of today's amplifiers in upgradability, performance and forward-looking features.”
The following are noteworthy features and details:
- Retro design elements include front-panel VU meters, push-button input controls, 1970s cursive branding, walnut-finished vinyl-clad cabinet, and dark grey front panel
- HybridDigital UcD Amplifier
- Continuous Power: 100 Watts per channel into 8/4 ohms
- Instantaneous Power: 135 Watts per channel
- Vanishingly low harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- MDC2 port for expanded functionality
- Optional MDC2 BluOS-D module adds BluOS high-resolution multi-room music streaming and Dirac Live* room correction
- High-performance TI PCM5242 differential DAC
- Ultra-low noise MM phono stage with infrasonic filtering circuitry
- One optical, one coaxial digital input
- Pre-amp out/Main-in connections
- HDMI-eARC input
- One set of line-level analogue inputs with low-noise buffer amplifiers
- Speaker A/Speaker B outputs
- Subwoofer output
- Dedicated headphone amplifier
- IR remote control
- CI-friendly –12V Trigger out, IR in
- * 500Hz limited version of Dirac Live included. Full bandwidth license can be purchased from Dirac.com
The C 3050 Stereophonic Amplifier will make a working appearance at the High End Munich show in Germany. Demo sessions in Room D108 in Atrium 3.