Multiple Instances of Audiolense Convolver

NMixes

Registered
Is it possible to open multiple instances of Audiolense Convolver and have it use different inputs and outputs of the soundcard? I'm trying to figure out a way to have multiple filters running at the same time for different sets of speakers.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Interesting question. It hasn’t been designed with that in mind.

The convolver itself only occupies the channels that are actually used. So maybe if the sound card is up to it. It will in any case depend on your scenario. If you use 3rd party players you could be able to run several instances. But there’s no way to tell beforehand. It will at best be a bit messy getting every instance running even if it works. They will overwrite each others’ settings and there tend to be a few restarts going on. You should be able to test the prospect though.

Last edited:

DWPress

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Okto Dac8 Pro
Main Amp
Hypex NC252 (4 channel) for tweets & mids
Additional Amp
Icepower 125ASX2 (x2) in BTL for woofers
Other Amp
Crown XLI 800 BTL - 15" sub, 8" powered subs (x2)
Computer Audio
Roon, Tidal
Front Speakers
3 way active XO, 6 cubic foot monsters
Subwoofers
DIY 18"
Other Speakers or Equipment
(x2) Sony powered subs for filling room nodes

hulkss

I now use REAPER as a VST host. You can load as many convolver plugins as your computer can handle.

aps

Interesting question. It hasn’t been designed with that in mind.

The convolver itself only occupies the channels that are actually used. So maybe if the sound card is up to it. It will in any case depend on your scenario. If you use 3rd party players you could be able to run several instances. But there’s no way to tell beforehand. It will at best be a bit messy getting every instance running even if it works. They will overwrite each others’ settings and there tend to be a few restarts going on. You should be able to test the prospect though.

I've tried this on a Windows 10 PC with one instance of Convolver used for an input from the soundcard and another used for an input from the computer itself (acting as a Roon Endpoint). The two instances were able to co-exist but it did get messy with, for example, switching between the two and re-starts being problematic.

I now use REAPER as a VST host. You can load as many convolver plugins as your computer can handle.
Your post prompted me to look at REAPER and it looks incredibly powerful but I'm not sure how in practice it works with multiple sources. It'd be great if you could post a block diagram. And are your using Audiolense Convolver or another VST Convolver plug-in?

Top Bottom