Mic

frenic01

Registered
Can the application work well with the Odessey microphone that came with my amp or I only have to use the microphones offered on the website?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can use any mic, but if you don't know the mic's own response or have a cal file that contains its response you will need to treat the results with caution, especially at high frequencies.

frenic01

Registered
You can use any mic, but if you don't know the mic's own response or have a cal file that contains its response you will need to treat the results with caution, especially at high frequencies.
I am not familiar with this kind of test.
is it different for the 2 microphones offered by REW because they are already calibrated for their application?
Thank you

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Microphones have their own response shape. Mics that come with cal files have their response shape included in the cal file so measurement software can take it into account and show the response of the system being measured without the mic's own response being added to it.

frenic01

Registered
Microphones have their own response shape. Mics that come with cal files have their response shape included in the cal file so measurement software can take it into account and show the response of the system being measured without the mic's own response being added to it.
What is your recommendation between the 2 microphones offered on the REW website or other suggestions?

frenic01

Registered
The micro USB is 3X more expensive than the other in Canada.

Does its performance justify the price difference.

I already have an audio interface for the analog mic.

Should we only use the proposed interfaces?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Use whatever interface you have. The EMM-6 should be fine, if you want to measure specific SPL figures you will need an SPL meter of some sort to provide a reference for calibration.

Top Bottom