Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha R-N803D
Main Amp
Yamaha
Front Speakers
Sonab OA12
I am very pleased with the REW program but wonder what accuracy it has. Uses UMIK-1 and Bluetooth connection to the amplifier. is it e.g 0.1%, 0.5%?

Johan Akerblad

Registered
More  
Yamaha R-N803D
Main Amp
Yamaha
Front Speakers
Sonab OA12
Sorry for forgetting that I think of distortion figure.

trobbins

VIP Supporter
Reported distortion would be the sum of all circuitry and parts signal formats in the measurement loop. Are you using a soundcard to generate a signal (eg. WAV file) that is sent by Bluetooth and passes through an amplifier, and to a speaker, and then through UMIK-1 and back through a soundcard? All those sections of circuitry and audio interfaces and digitised signal generate distortion that end up being measured and displayed in REW.

Johan Akerblad

Registered
More  
Yamaha R-N803D
Main Amp
Yamaha
Front Speakers
Sonab OA12
You are right. I use the UMIK-1 microphone and Bluetooth to send test signal to the Yamaha WXA50 amplifier. When comparing my tesresult with more professional testing it seems like I get appr. 0.4% more distortion.
I do use a laptop computer ASUS UA430. I am only trying to figure out an approximate figure and looking for knowledge from people that are more experienced than me.

trobbins

VIP Supporter
Perhaps search this forum for experience on making distortion measurements via Bluetooth - there are a few relevant threads.

Johan Akerblad

Registered
More  
Yamaha R-N803D
Main Amp
Yamaha
Front Speakers
Sonab OA12
Ok, many thanks!

Top Bottom