Magnepan after hours AXPONA 2019 party with 30.7's at Audio Consultants

Discussion in 'AV Expos and Get Togethers (GTG)' started by TitaniumTroy, Jan 31, 2019.

1. TitaniumTroy

TitaniumTroy New Member

So it's being promoted as an after hours AXPONA 2019 party, 6-9pm. Also they are supposed to be setting up a permanent display sometime in the month of February, of the 30.7s. I'm going to AXPONA so I will go hear them prior to the show.

I found out the news on Instagram, I seem to find news there before I see it on Facebook for some reason. FYI Wendell Diller will not be attending.

Ironically, I had just contacted Eric on Instagram last week asking about the Wendell road tour status. He said plans were being set up for it to continue in February on the East coast.

I also asked about Audio Consultants 30.7 permanent display which had been set for Oct-Nov time frame. Thats when I found out sometime in February the 30.7s would be delivered.

Regarding AXPONA 2019, Eric told me that the bigger rooms that Wendell wanted were all taken up, and they were on a waiting list. I also heard that AXPONA gives preference to the audio manufactures who have displayed in past years first crack at the big rooms, which makes sense.

AXPONA, has really grown into a huge show now. I had to book offsite for the first time since I started going in 2013. The Renaissance was built for conventions, 500 guest rooms. Many huge rooms for demos and a very Expo room for headphones to vinyl, to every audio accessory you can think of.

tesseract likes this.
  2. tesseract

tesseract Senior Admin
    Staff Member

I'd love to check those out! I will own a pair of Maggies, one day! Just need a big enough room accommodate dipole requirements.

What day? Hit me up when you decide to go, Troy. I'll roll with you!

3. Jack

Jack Moderator
    Staff Member Supporter

I am thinking about going to Axpona again this year as well.
    I have owned Magnepans for many years and they are brilliant, except in the bass which I am sure the 30.7's will not have a problem with.

Dennis, I think the .7's might be good in a room such as yours, they dont take up much room but as you correctly state they have special needs. I do hope you get to fall under their magic one day.

tesseract likes this.
  4. tesseract

tesseract Senior Admin
    Staff Member

If you decide to go to the show, @Jack , we can all descend upon the audition as a group. I bet many of the AV NIRVANA staff attending would find interest in this, too.

Jack likes this.
  5. Jack

Jack Moderator
    Staff Member Supporter

Thank you, I have heard the 20.7 at some length but never the 30.7. I bet it will be a stunner.

6. Grayson Dere

Grayson Dere Moderator
    Staff Member

Maggies are speakers I've ALWAYS wanted to demo. Do they seem to disappear from the room when setup properly?

7. tesseract

tesseract Senior Admin
    Staff Member

They will, like any well set up speaker should. Dipoles have an addictive quality, for me, anyway.