(macOS 10.13, REW 5.19b9) Interface supports 24 bits but REW only shows 16

SVChucko

First post... I'll try not to be stupid. Thanks John and everyone else who has contributed to REW.

I'm using REW to test power amps. The setup is macOS 10.13.4 on a 2011 MacBook Pro, REW 5.19 beta 9; using the line inputs and outputs of a Focusrite Saffire PRO 14 Firewire interface with the most recent drivers (2015?). It took me a while to sort out the interface's controls, but I did manage to get everything working, and REW drives everything quite happily.

What I couldn't figure out was how to get REW to use all 24 bits of the audio interface's (advertised) resolution. Audio MIDI Setup shows the interface at 96KHz and 24 bits, but REW only shows 96K/16.

What am I missing? Thanks for any advice.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You're not missing anything, now that I've got the multichannel inputs and outputs working next up is to sort out the 24-bit data path. Currently the only way to get resolution above 16 bits is using ASIO drivers on Windows.

SVChucko

So it's a known limitation? OK, then I can stop looking for the magic menu setting. Thank you John.

SVChucko

Oh yeah, I was able to see all the gozintas and gozoutas on the Focusrite interface from the REW preferences.

Top Bottom