LR Cancellation

GDK

Registered
Question from a relatively new XO user. I think I have everything working ok and generate great results when the L and R channels are measured separately. However, when I play both channels together, there is a massive LF cancellation in my room as follows (bold is the average of L and R, the other is a sweep of both L and R together, both are 1/12 smoothed in REW):

Is there a way in Audiolense to measure both channels at the same time in order to avoid this sort of cancellation?

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Most likely you have a cancellation at the subject frequency ... where one of the speakers have polarity reversed for this region while the other doesn't. This is most likely due to acoustic interference and a rare occurence. Most likely slight differences before correction where the speakers are handled differently by Audiolense... almost by chance. You should be able to achieve symmetrical result with some tweaking of the correction filter. I can take a look if you send me the measurement file ... but it may be a few days before I am able to do so.

GDK

Registered
Most likely you have a cancellation at the subject frequency ... where one of the speakers have polarity reversed for this region while the other doesn't. This is most likely due to acoustic interference and a rare occurence. Most likely slight differences before correction where the speakers are handled differently by Audiolense... almost by chance. You should be able to achieve symmetrical result with some tweaking of the correction filter. I can take a look if you send me the measurement file ... but it may be a few days before I am able to do so.
Thanks, Bernt. I will PM you with the measurement file. I appreciate your looking into it.

Top Bottom