Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Ecler Nuo 3.0
Main Amp
Yamaha B2
Additional Amp
Linn Klout
Front Speakers
Tannoy 8" monitors
Need to get a jump start using REW for a few speaker projects. I have a Umik-1 and would like to find an experienced user who is willing to teach and assist with basic through advanced REW applications on an hourly basis (or whatever for a fee). I assume via Skype or desktop sharing would work. I have a number of projects where freq and phase and polar measurements need to take place to proceed with design of crossovers.
Please contact me if you feel that you can teach REW to someone who is willing to learn.
I am on US Central time but willing to work around your hours to a certain extent.

Thanks,
Herman

noviygera

Registered
More  
Ecler Nuo 3.0
Main Amp
Yamaha B2
Additional Amp
Linn Klout
Front Speakers
Tannoy 8" monitors
Is this an unusual request?

DanDan

Staff member
It is an unusual request. REW has become extremely sophisticated, pretty much an Acoustic and even Electronic Laboratory. There is so much in there that many of us, even professionals, have never ventured to some parts of it.
Way back I wrote a Primer to help people dip their toes or get started. Fire up REW, ignore Cal, use the speakers and mic in your Laptop to get going. It is a play and record system. Play with it while reading the Primer.
As you move on, the REW manual is precisely written using straightforward language. https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/some-guides-to-rew-and-acoustic-measurement.121/page-2#post-49827

wmlaven

Registered
More  
Onkyo TX-NR797 9.2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD
Front Speakers
SVS Prime Pinnacles
Center Channel Speaker
SVS Ultra
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation
Subwoofers
SVS PB1000 Pro
Video Display Device
Optoma UHD60 4K PJ
Screen
Homemade 82" with Carl's Place Flexi-Gray
Streaming Equipment
Apple TV
Satellite System
DirecTV
Find AZ Tuning on Facebook. It's a private group and the moderators do remote tuning w/REW. I'm getting my system tuned next week - tons of great reviews of AZ Tuning's work on the FB page.

noviygera

Registered
More  
Ecler Nuo 3.0
Main Amp
Yamaha B2
Additional Amp
Linn Klout
Front Speakers
Tannoy 8" monitors
Top Bottom