Little Advice needed. REW file attached

charbug

I have a room that I have used Audiolense and some great technical help to get dialed in. I have some room treatments and was thinking about pulling some of the less effective stuff out of the corners and putting six of these in the corners to try and go after the low end and getting a little better setup.

Massive Bass Trap - Rim – Audio Virtue Acoustics

The room feels a little overdamped to me now and the last thing I want is to kill the room. I have attached a MDAT file for everyone to look at and I really would appreciate some feedback. I have had friends with great ears listen and the feedback I get is I am going after something I will never tame and to leave well enough alone. So please take a look and give me some feedback. I do know the massive bass trap (23.5" x 15.5" x 47.5") is much thicker than anything I have now and has a chance of helping out alot or not. I know if I do this I will have to redo the file I am running in audiolense but it may be well worth it.

Quick question at 125HZ I have something weird going on and I assume it is just a room mode that audiolense could not help with it. The REW data attached is at the listening position with both channels and the sub active.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• Oct 22 before and after rock wool.mdat
    1.8 MB · Views: 88

dsnyder0cnn

The REW data attached is at the listening position with both channels and the sub active.

Hi Rob,

It's really tough for me to tell what's going on with a sweep that has both channels active. Please share an *.mdat file with separate measurements for left and right channels (sub can be active). It would be interesting to see the same measurements without your filters also.

charbug

OK. Here is the file of the left, right, and both with sub active on all 3 sweeps. This one does have the DSP in it

Attachments

• left right both with dsp.mdat
    5.5 MB · Views: 31

charbug

Here is the one with no DSP BUT I have to use it for the crossovers but no Room correction

Attachments

• no correction.mdat
    5.5 MB · Views: 27

pklose

It seems you have a highly position dependent resonance mode there. Is it possible that your room is about 2.8m high and has one axis also around 2.6 to 3m? Above and below 120 Hz your reverberation time RT60 is fine.
Looking at the linearity, I would try to pull out 2-3 dB at 290 (could help with muddiness) and at 800 (could with nasalness of voices).

Attachments

• Topt.jpg
    Topt.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom