klipsh rp-280fa vs chane 2.4

• Post hidden due to user being banned.

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
The equipment you have listed is hard to follow. I’m not sure what each piece is being used for but assume you already own some or all of it?

Personally I think the Chane subwoofers are better than the Klipsch subwoofers you have listed. They will play much louder at most it not all frequencies.

As for the main speakers, I am not really a Klipsch fan. I find them on the bright side and prefer other speakers for the same money. Having said that, one mans bright is another mans detailed. Comparing these two speakers is hard. The Klipsch is much more sensitive and is more likely to hit or come close to reference levels. The Chane might as well, but I have my doubts. The Chane I think is the more neutral sounding of the two. I would go for them one if these were my only choices, but know that with the Chane you may need some external amplification to hit reference levels.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.

Tony V.

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo TX RZ920
Main Amp
Samson Servo 600
Additional Amp
QSC MX1500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic 220
Front Speakers
EV Sentry 500
Center Channel Speaker
EV Sentry 500
Surround Speakers
Mission 762
Surround Back Speakers
Mission 762
Subwoofers
SVS PB13u
Video Display Device
Panasonic AE 8000
Remote Control
Logitech 1100
Streaming Subscriptions
Denon DT 625 CD/Tape unit, Nintendo WiiU, and more
As we have said before you have chosen some good speakers and each has its pros anc cons. The challenge with giving you an answer is that your room acoustic will change how each speaker interacts within the room so rating them would be pointless. You have a good list and any of them would be an awesome system so make a decision based on what you want for looks and what you can afford.

JBrax

AV Addict
VIP Supporter
More  
Marantz sr7010
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung K8500
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf-7 II
Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch rc-64 II
Surround Speakers
Klipsch rs-42 II
Surround Back Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Front Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Rear Height Speakers
Klipsch rb-51 II
Subwoofers
SVS PB12-NSD (X2)
Other Speakers or Equipment
Panamax M5300
Video Display Device
Sony Bravia XBR65-930D
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony One
Streaming Subscriptions
PS4
Gentlemen, kudos for attempting to answer the question. Take a look at the old site under member name Markyboy14 for some insight as to what to expect in future posts.

Eric SVL

More  
Denon AVR-X4500H
Main Amp
Hypex NCore NC252MP
Computer Audio
iLoud MTM
DAC
Micca OriGen G2
Sony PS3, PS4
Front Speakers
Buchardt S400
Surround Speakers
Polk LSiM 702
Front Height Speakers
Focal Chorus OD 706 V
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Chorus OD 706 V
Subwoofers
Rythmik
Other Speakers or Equipment
ELAC Debut Reference DFR52
Screen
Samsung PN64H5000
Streaming Equipment
Google Chromecast
Streaming Subscriptions
GIK Tri-Traps
Well the only people who can give a definitive answer are those who have listened to both extensively and could write a review on the sound of each. That number is going to be very few, but I'll share a few thoughts.

Regarding Klipsch being bright, the newer designs are less so than the old designs due to using better waveguides, but they are still going to be a more aggressive sound (just maybe a little less than they used to). Also bright does not mean detailed - it just means there is an uptick in the response in the higher treble. There is detail in the bass, in the mids, and in the highs, and I would bet that Chane probably squeezes more detail out of its sound than does Klipsch due to the components used, but Klipsch speakers will not be lacking. I can tell you that I have auditioned the A3rx-c 4 years ago and they are neutral with lots of detail. The midbass and lower midrange were lethargic on my pair so I did not keep them, however, it is possible they did not work well in that room. I did give them 100 hours of break-in. I'm still open to trying Chane in the future as I do like their design, and I am in a different room now. I really loved the planar magnetic tweeter. Best I've heard.

I think your best bet is going to be to read a lot of reviews of each to get an idea of what to expect from them, and consider taking advantage of Chane's in-home trial. Also, I would recommend looking at different subs. See if Rythmik, SVS, or HSU would get you more sub for your dollar. How many cubic feet will these be going into? Do you really need four?

Last edited:
Top Bottom