JTR Noesis 212RT-Inspired YouTuber DIY Speaker Build

AudiocRaver

Senior Reviewer
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo TX-SR705 Receiver
Main Amp
Crown XLS 1502 DriveCore-2 (x2 as monoblock)
Additional Amp
Behringer A500 Reference Power Amplifier
Front Speakers
MartinLogan Electromotion ESL Electrostatic (x2)
Center Channel Speaker
Phantom Center
Surround Speakers
NSM Audio Model 5 2-Way (x2)
Subwoofers
JBL ES150P Powered Subwoofer (x2)
This YouTuber - Toids DIY Audio - has built a lot of impressive-looking speaker lookalikes, thought i would share this one that I just viewed, a JTR 212 inspired build (the JTR 212RT, to be precise):

Of course we all know that the secret to a great-sounding speaker, as with great BBQ, is in the sauce (having seen and tasted the results of Sonnie's grillin', there is a LOT more to it than that), and that JTR's Jeff puts a LOT more than just special sauce -- experience-based know-how, best available drivers and materials, driver and crossover tweaks, passion for perfection, and TLC -- into every design and every unit he builds...

Plus the fact that the "inspired" build is a 2-way and the JTR model is a 3-way design...

And, having heard most of the JTR models over the years and having reviewed a few in detail, I'm pretty confident that Jeff's work would bring home the gold in any kind of comparison...

STILL, it is a fun video and a quick watch and might inspire a few of you who are so inclined.

ENJOY!!

Last edited:

chrapladm

Staff member
I would take the BMS 2 way over a single CD. Great to see DIY options out there that could help some out there looking for a build like this.

Last edited:

NBPK402

Staff member
VIP Supporter
I would take the BMS 2 way over a single CD. Great to see DIY options out there that could help some out that are looking fora build like this.
I was also looking at the BMS 2 way, but now I am hoping to be able to afford the Celestion AXI2050 to replace my EV DH!As...the Celestion is more expensive, but goes lower than my single CD, and higher too, A win win situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom