In need of some help.

eventan

Registered
How to sending a file to my AVR Denon 4500x to the audyssey app I have the new curve from REW .made just need to send it through.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha CX-A5000 A/V Preamp / Processor
Main Amp
Yamaha RX-Z9 AV Receiver (as multichannel amp)
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Denon DCT-3313 UDCI Universal Disc Player
Front Speakers
Canton Karat 920
Center Channel Speaker
Canton Karat 920
Front Wide Speakers
Realistic Minimus 7 (front EFX speakers)
Surround Speakers
Canton Plus D
Surround Back Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (front mains)
Front Height Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (surrounds)
Rear Height Speakers
Yamaha YDP2006 Digital Parametric EQ (sub)
Subwoofers
Hsu ULS-15 MKII
Other Speakers or Equipment
Adcom ACE-515 (for power management)
Video Display Device
Yamaha DT-2 (digital clock display)
Screen
Pioneer PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma TV
Remote Control
Stock Yamaha Remote
Streaming Equipment
Roku Express
Other Equipment
Audio Control R130 Real Time Analyzer
REW is a measurement platform. It does not perform equalization.

Regards,
Wayne

eventan

Registered
REW is a measurement platform. It does not perform equalization.

Regards,
Wayne
REW is a measurement software that allows you to eq the room curve that is picked up by the umik-1 mic. The measurement curve can be eq and the new curve can be applied to the miniDSP.. Unfortunately I don't have a minidsp as they are selling for over 300.. So I'd prefer to see if there is a way to tweek the file in rew as I now know there is. Aswell send it to that unstable program called ratbuddyssey_0.2.1.. Then thst will set your new file as a. ady and you should be able to send it to the audyssey app.. Anyway I'm working on getting the file now and trying to change the format of the file to the audyssey app format.. That is. ady.. I'll let you know if I have any success. Thanks again

Conrad.

More  
Trinnov Altitude 16
Main Amp
Classe CT2300
Additional Amp
Classe CT5300
PS4
Front Speakers
B&W N802
Center Channel Speaker
B&W NHTM1
Front Wide Speakers
B&W 601
Surround Speakers
B&W N805
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 601
Front Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Subwoofers
PSA S3000i x2, PSA S3600, Velodyne DD15
Video Display Device
JVC x9900 - Calibrated
Screen
100 inch
Remote Control
Harmony Elite
The file is easy to get, just save the filter coefficients. The output format depends on the equaliser selected in the EQ window.
However, I can't imagine that any implementation of Audyssey (except perhaps Audyssey pro?) is going to let you anywhere near the generated files, whether that's to review or update them.

eventan

Registered
Thanks for your impute, I have saved the new custom file, tho i have tried to rename the file to the audyssey app format that appears to be, .ADY this did not work to my disappointment. It was a long shot... Looks like i might have to buy a miniDSP 2x4 Hd.. Or is there a better cheaper way to go to send a new curve from rew to my reciver. And 1 more thing how do you room correct the entire 7.4.2 system in rew if it only allows you to do L+R or L and R.. I heard something that all you need to do is the fronts.. But i can't see that being correct.. I believe I could set the sound field to multi and upscale the sweeps to all speakers that way for a total measurement.. Then I could disable all speakers except for the one I'm measuring.. Could be timely but this is my hobby.. Hahaha.. Open to any other ideas from anyone who can help thanks guys.

Conrad.

More  
Trinnov Altitude 16
Main Amp
Classe CT2300
Additional Amp
Classe CT5300
PS4
Front Speakers
B&W N802
Center Channel Speaker
B&W NHTM1
Front Wide Speakers
B&W 601
Surround Speakers
B&W N805
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 601
Front Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC x9900 - Calibrated
Screen
100 inch
Remote Control
Harmony Elite
I use the PEQ in my receiver for doing my mains, but that doesn't really help you. I have run a minidsp between pre and power amps, but I didn't like it, I prefer the natural sound of my speakers in that particular room. I probably over-eqd.

In REW preference change the driver to ASIO and choose FlexAsio as the output device. Make sure windows and your receiver is set to 7.1 and you'll be able to see all of the base channels. REW/Asio doesn't see the Atmos channels.
For subs, I measure on the left front channel with the amp powering the left speaker turned off. This gives me the bass managed output to my subs which I then align in the Time alignment tool in REW.

For multiple subs you can't really beat a minidsp for the price. I use it to integrate four subs. For measurements you just run the same sweep through the left channel and un-mute one sub at a time.

You could do the atmos speakers by reconnecting your surround outputs on the pre amp to the atmos inputs on the power amp and using the surround channels in REW when generating tones. The speaker the sound plays from doesn't have to be the actual speaker in the room. Seems like a lot of work given the amount of content coming through the atmos speakers. I barely even touch the surrounds. LCR and subs are far more important.

eventan

Registered
Good to know.. Thanks! This can be confusing @ times but it sucks trying to find the time to do everything to then come across all these things.. Makes ya wanna just let audyssey do its thing. But as a perfectionist hahah it eats @ Me knowing it could be better or worse. Hahah. I love the program of REW with my umik-1 mic.. And I'm running a Denon AVR-X4500H... this for me is the best receiver.. Have my fronts on pre amp to my NAD 216 THX amp. The duel subs are pokes they are not to bad. Rest of my speakers are old school Athena made buy klipsch.. Are you using the new REw 5.2?

Conrad.

More  
Trinnov Altitude 16
Main Amp
Classe CT2300
Additional Amp
Classe CT5300
PS4
Front Speakers
B&W N802
Center Channel Speaker
B&W NHTM1
Front Wide Speakers
B&W 601
Surround Speakers
B&W N805
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 601
Front Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC x9900 - Calibrated
Screen
100 inch
Remote Control
Harmony Elite
I picked up a marantz 7705 on Friday as I wanted to try atmos and Audyssey. Audyssey in about 30 minutes got these results:

Audyssey.jpg

I then took the marantz out of the chain and put my previous processor back in. Using the minidsp and the 5 band PEQ on board my processor I got these results:

Manual.jpg

So different, but neither is objectively better than the other. I can probably fix that dip in the right channel by tweaking the distance on the right channel. Audyssey overcooked the bass a bit but it did a really good job. I was epxecting it to be bad but it was very listenable. Other channels showed similar results, all very tightly grouped. Overall my responses were slightly tighter than Audyssey.

The difference is that to do mine manually took me about 6 hours. Partly because my processor has a bad UI for entering EQ, and it doesn't always save them properly but partly because I'm slower than an algorithm.

I do have a huge sense of satisfaction that I did it myself though.

eventan

Registered
That's a great reciver... I had the marantz 7010 for a year it was good but as we know.. Everything gets old and fast.. Haha..

eventan

Registered
I picked up a marantz 7705 on Friday as I wanted to try atmos and Audyssey. Audyssey in about 30 minutes got these results:

View attachment 32346

I then took the marantz out of the chain and put my previous processor back in. Using the minidsp and the 5 band PEQ on board my processor I got these results:

View attachment 32347

So different, but neither is objectively better than the other. I can probably fix that dip in the right channel by tweaking the distance on the right channel. Audyssey overcooked the bass a bit but it did a really good job. I was epxecting it to be bad but it was very listenable. Other channels showed similar results, all very tightly grouped. Overall my responses were slightly tighter than Audyssey.

The difference is that to do mine manually took me about 6 hours. Partly because my processor has a bad UI for entering EQ, and it doesn't always save them properly but partly because I'm slower than an algorithm.

I do have a huge sense of satisfaction that I did it myself though.
When would I use the umik-1 calabration file

eventan

Registered
When would I use the umik-1 calabration file
Good to know.. Thanks! This can be confusing @ times but it sucks trying to find the time to do everything to then come across all these things.. Makes ya wanna just let audyssey do its thing. But as a perfectionist hahah it eats @ Me knowing it could be better or worse. Hahah. I love the program of REW with my umik-1 mic.. And I'm running a Denon AVR-X4500H... this for me is the best receiver.. Have my fronts on pre amp to my NAD 216 THX amp. The duel subs are pokes they are not to bad. Rest of my speakers are old school Athena made buy klipsch.. Are you using the new REw 5.2?
When would I use the umik-1 calabration file 703444 90deg

Conrad.

More  
Trinnov Altitude 16
Main Amp
Classe CT2300
Additional Amp
Classe CT5300
PS4
Front Speakers
B&W N802
Center Channel Speaker
B&W NHTM1
Front Wide Speakers
B&W 601
Surround Speakers
B&W N805
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 601
Front Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC x9900 - Calibrated
Screen
100 inch
Remote Control
Harmony Elite
Before you take a measurement. REW should prompt you if you don't have a CAL file loaded and you do have the mic connected, but if it doesn't, go in to the Cal Files tab in preferences and load it there against the correct input. Load it against all inputs if that's the only input you use.

eventan

Registered
Can I use the rew program and umik-1 with the laptop without connecting to the AVR and get a pink noise from YouTube and run that through the AVR and take a measurement that way... Thanks again

Conrad.

More  
Trinnov Altitude 16
Main Amp
Classe CT2300
Additional Amp
Classe CT5300
PS4
Front Speakers
B&W N802
Center Channel Speaker
B&W NHTM1
Front Wide Speakers
B&W 601
Surround Speakers
B&W N805
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 601
Front Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC x9900 - Calibrated
Screen
100 inch
Remote Control
Harmony Elite
For a full sweep? I believe you can, although I've never done it. REW might need to be in control of the signal though.
What are you trying to achieve? Why not just connect the laptop to the AVR?

eventan

Registered
For a full sweep? I believe you can, although I've never done it. REW might need to be in control of the signal though.
What are you trying to achieve? Why not just connect the laptop to the AVR?
I still haven't been able to get 7.1 out of the rew program.. Aswell i heard the best way to take the reading is full 2.1 best way to integrate mains with the sub. As well i think I can find a YouTube video that will do 7.1 and I can independently do each speaker.. I believe hahha. Or I can run pink noise through each speaker to get the independent reading aswell later maybe do the full 7.1 pink noise in multi sound. Is this all making sense my friend?.. Hahah

eventan

Registered
Another question is it possible to uploaded the calabration file to rew from the audyssey app if I just took a measurement.. Or is it only available to upload in ratbuddyssey_0.2.1

Conrad.

More  
Trinnov Altitude 16
Main Amp
Classe CT2300
Additional Amp
Classe CT5300
PS4
Front Speakers
B&W N802
Center Channel Speaker
B&W NHTM1
Front Wide Speakers
B&W 601
Surround Speakers
B&W N805
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 601
Front Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC x9900 - Calibrated
Screen
100 inch
Remote Control
Harmony Elite
How are you connecting the PC to the AVR? HDMI?

Conrad.

More  
Trinnov Altitude 16
Main Amp
Classe CT2300
Additional Amp
Classe CT5300
PS4
Front Speakers
B&W N802
Center Channel Speaker
B&W NHTM1
Front Wide Speakers
B&W 601
Surround Speakers
B&W N805
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 601
Front Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Rear Height Speakers
B&W CCM682
Subwoofers
Video Display Device
JVC x9900 - Calibrated
Screen
100 inch
Remote Control
Harmony Elite
Just trying to find out what's wrong with the 7.1 outs from your PC. You might be able to get it to work using external tones but you'd probably be better off fixing the issues to get REW to control the signal.

In Windows, make sure you've set the system output to 7.1. When you go into the properties of the sound device and run a test you should be able to click on a speaker and have a tone play from each of them. Does that work?

Top Bottom