Impulse Response convert to this text format for Equalizer APO?

Katana_Demon

Registered
I have this impulse response file that corrects my cheap USB speakers (doing it for fun) *FILE ATTACHED*

I'm curious if I can convert this information or wav file using REW into something like this text format

casFCacfaACA.jpg

trying to get rid of latency basically and not use the convolver loader in Equalizer APO as it introduces latency

Attachments

• USBSPKR_CORRECTION_IR.wav
    900.5 KB
  • 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6c4868524275412e706e67.png
    68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6c4868524275412e706e67.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Unique

Registered
You can edit the impulse response .wav and remove all zero data before/after the actual impulse ;-)
(not sure why John choose to include the dead time when generating it using REW..)

Last edited:

Katana_Demon

Registered
You can edit the impulse response .wav and remove all zero data before/after the actual impulse ;-)
(not sure why John choose to include the dead time when generating it using REW..)
how would I do that?

Unique

Registered
1. Download Audacity
2. Open Audacity
3. Drag impulse .wav to Audacity window
4. Navigate graph using crtl + mouse (zoom) and shift+ mouse (pan)
Tip: if you hover over y-axis you can also zoom there, location of cursor is zoom centre
5. Delete data you dont want.
6. Export to 32 bit float wav (actually thats what i use, but no idea which format is best..)
7. Load into convolution filter in EAPO
8. Win?!
9. Still too high latency? Use IIR filters instead of FIR. Eg: cry and retry.
how would I do that?

Unique

Registered
how would I do that?,
BTW: Not sure where you got the impulse correction (dirac, audyssey, rephase or otherwise?), basic eq filters in REW can be exported as .txt directly.
So you can skip all steps and just load the PEQ file generated by REW.

Katana_Demon

Registered
1. Download Audacity
2. Open Audacity
3. Drag impulse .wav to Audacity window
4. Navigate graph using crtl + mouse (zoom) and shift+ mouse (pan)
Tip: if you hover over y-axis you can also zoom there, location of cursor is zoom centre
5. Delete data you dont want.
6. Export to 32 bit float wav (actually thats what i use, but no idea which format is best..)
7. Load into convolution filter in EAPO
8. Win?!
9. Still too high latency? Use IIR filters instead of FIR. Eg: cry and retry.
Oh I thought you were talking about removing everything under the phase data when exporting measuremts as text, which I'm trying to do
since equalizer apo only needs freq and spl

Katana_Demon

Registered
BTW: Not sure where you got the impulse correction (dirac, rephase or otherwise?), basic eq filters in REW can be exported as .txt directly.
So you can skip all steps and just load the PEQ file.
oh i know about the filter as text but I want the granularity of hundreds of graphic eq with each frequency and spl

Unique

Registered
Oh I thought you were talking about removing everything under the phase data when exporting measuremts as text, which I'm trying to do
since equalizer apo only needs freq and spl
Hmm yea checked your wave file and seems you already removed the silence..
Not sure what you mean by removing under the phase, the only phase correction i have used in rew was using the excess phase / min phase method.
But nomatter how much i played with that i always ended up with non-ideal correction filters.(calculations seem not suited for this kind of job in REW, or they are bugged :), or (most likely) i am too stupid to apply them correctly.)

Last edited:

Katana_Demon

Registered
Hmm yea checked your wave file and seems you already removed the silence..
Not sure what you mean by removing under the phase, the only phase correction i have used in rew was using the excess phase / min phase method.
But nomatter how much i played with that i always ended up with non-ideal correction filters.(calculations seem not suited for this kind of job in REW, or they are bugged :), or (most likely) i am too stupid to apply them correctly.)
that was for the averaged response so it didn't have phase info
I still want to know how to remove phase data when exporting to text from a raw measurement

this video simplified things for me

Katana_Demon

Registered
DELL AC511 Graph.jpg
Got it to work somehow with translating the wav into a csv that equalizer apo can understand

RED is averaged response, White is the target, green is the predicted response, pretty happy with it

still would like an answer to my question in OP in orange

Top Bottom