Import Text file and convert to impulse....

bobkatz

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Main monitor controller: Cranesong Avocet (8 ch)
Main Amp
Atsah 500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo
Front Speakers
Dynaudio Evidence M5P
Center Channel Speaker
Lipinski L-707
Surround Speakers
Lipinski L-505
Subwoofers
JL Fathom F-112 (2)
Dear John: I'd like to import a frequency response text file and convert it to an impulse so we can add and subtract headphone compensation EQ curves. Is this already a feature? I know that you have export of wav filters for use in JRiver's convolution engine.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No, but trace arithmetic can be done with frequency responses, it doesn't require an impulse response.

bobkatz

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Main monitor controller: Cranesong Avocet (8 ch)
Main Amp
Atsah 500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo
Front Speakers
Dynaudio Evidence M5P
Center Channel Speaker
Lipinski L-707
Surround Speakers
Lipinski L-505
Subwoofers
JL Fathom F-112 (2)
Hi, John! What are you doing working on Christmas Eve! All's well now. I tried to do trace arithmetic with A being an impulse response and B being an imported text file and I thought there was an error as the result keeps on coming up the same as letter A. Since your help file says that two impulse responses must start at the same time, I thought that the text file would have to be an impulse so I thought the addition or subtraction could not be done.

Then I realized that given that the headphone measurement is at 80 dB SPL and the EQ apparently is centered around "0 dB SPL", I have to offset the EQ by 80 dB. Then I can subtract! So all is well, maybe tweak the help file a little more to tell us that trace arithmetic can be done with text files.

Top Bottom