How to create x-over biquads for miniDSP in REW

dwelch

Registered
Hello

I have purchased the miniDSP 4 x 10 and gone through pretty much all of their documentation. I had assumed that one had to measure the speaker near-filed first in order to create a cross-over, and then do measurements withn the cross-over in place from the listening position to set up the rest of the configurations (PEQ, Phase, Time Delay) to do room correction. 1st of all, is this the correct way to look at it?
If so, when creating a cross-over in the miniDSP plug-in (and when looking at their different pages on how to do this) there is the Advanced mode where you insert biquad filters presumably created in REW. Isee in the REW documentation where the biquads are created for PEQ, but not for cross-overs. Am I misreading something?

Thanks for any advice,
Dave

dwelch

Registered
oooooooCrap. Might have to figure out that ACD after all - or settle on a basic crossover to start.
On another note, thanks for all the work you've put into REW John. An amazing piece of software I was happy to add a donation to.

Greg Dunn

That's what I did - chose a standard crossover type and then made small changes to it after generating a frequency response. The hard part is making sure you have the frequency overlap and phase correct; both will cause anomalies around the crossover point, but different audible effects.

Top Bottom