How to configure 2.2 with Asus Xonar U7

Arnandsway

Registered
Hi there,

I'd want to confgure my active 2.2 with Audiolense. I have the demo installed, but have trouble assigning the right DAC-channels to the right drivers.
Right now I have a setup that involves Equalizer APO --> copy LR to multichannel --> convolve FIR-filter per driver. See attached image for explanation.
The woofers are connected to L/R, tweeters to SL/SR and the subwoofers to RL/RR. I have the latest Xonar 7.1 drivers installed, so Windows does recognize the device as multichannel.
1614890203300.png

How would I go about channeling the same configuration to Audiolense XO? Would I still need to use the the L/R copy to the other channels in Equalizer APO convolver (line 3)?
And/or is there a standardized way of sending the audio to all channels?
In the configuration below I selected WASAPI in shared mode. If I'm not mistaken this is the right way to go, because the Xonar U7 doesn't support ASIO.
I use a UMIK-1 for measuring.

Kinda stuck here, so hoping somebody can give me a kickstart :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Arnand

r 1614890490400.png

jrobbins50

I’m going to make a few suggestions but I don’t know that soundcard.

1. I assume you have the Xonar soundcard in a Windows PC. If so, have you set sound properties for multichannel?

2. Have you used the check speaker connections utility on the measurement page? I’m guessing that you only hear some of your drivers. You can change the measurement channels manually and should keep testing until you hear each driver. JCR

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I know that sound card since I have it here.

You need to configure it for 5.1 playback. And before you measure you should check the speaker connection. I am using 5 channels and had to do some trial before I nailed the routing. After that it is a walk in the park. The Xonar supports Asio ... and it works too. Measure with Asio if you hook your mic to the sound card. Otherwise Asio plus something else for the mic.

Arnandsway

Registered
I know that sound card since I have it here.

You need to configure it for 5.1 playback. And before you measure you should check the speaker connection. I am using 5 channels and had to do some trial before I nailed the routing. After that it is a walk in the park. The Xonar supports Asio ... and it works too. Measure with Asio if you hook your mic to the sound card. Otherwise Asio plus something else for the mic.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I configured the U7 in windows as a 5.1 device and I installed Asio4All, but it doesn't recognize it, even when I start Audiolense.
Any suggestion how I can configure Asio4All with the U7?

jrobbins50

Did you configure ASIO4all for the mic as an input and the Xonar card as output? ASIO4all does not do it automatically. JCR

Arnandsway

Registered
Did you configure ASIO4all for the mic as an input and the Xonar card as output? ASIO4all does not do it automatically. JCR
Hm, if you mean in Audiolense, I now selected ASIO4ALL for the measurement.
But besides that, I can't get the Xonar U7 or the UMIK-1 to be detected by Asio. If I open the Asio Control Panel it gives me exactly that: "no hardware detected".

jrobbins50

To be clear, then, you don’t see any devices in ASIO such as you can see in the attached screenshot? I’d expect that you should see the UMIK-1 microphone and the Xonar soundcard listed if ASIO is on the PC that the Xonar card is installed and your mic is USB connected. JCR

Attachments

• 0B9C8F27-CBD0-47F0-BA2D-A1B9E65415E8.jpeg
    0B9C8F27-CBD0-47F0-BA2D-A1B9E65415E8.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 33

Arnandsway

Registered
To be clear, then, you don’t see any devices in ASIO such as you can see in the attached screenshot? I’d expect that you should see the UMIK-1 microphone and the Xonar soundcard listed if ASIO is on the PC that the Xonar card is installed and your mic is USB connected. JCR
Yes I am familiair with the Asio gui. Confusingly enough, Asio doesn't detect the Xonar U7 and the Umik neither.
Could it be incompatibility with drivers?

@juicehifi what drivers did you use? Not the standard one that is provided with Asus?

Edit: to be clear, no I don't see the devices in the Asio panel as you show in your screenshot.

Last edited:

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I am using the stock ASUS driver. Perhaps there's more than one out there?

Arnandsway

Registered
I've got it working finally! :) There were some weird mapping issues. But finally it worked with Wasapi. Asio just would not syart from the measurements tab..

This waas the setup that worked:

Last edited:

Arnandsway

Registered
@juicehifi I see you recently released a comvolver. That only works with Asio, right? So for me to be able to use the convolver, would mean I'd need to get Asio working with my Xonar?

For some reason Asio does start with the convolver, but it doesn't recognise the multichannels, only stereo...

Top Bottom