How do folks extend the AVR or PrePro inputs for making REW connections???

Discussion in 'Official REW (Room EQ Wizard) Support Forum' started by Gregory Livingstone, May 13, 2019 at 7:40 PM.

1. Gregory Livingstone

My gear is in low wide rolling cabinet. It an ordeal to pull it away from the wall to access the back of the PrePro (alas no front inputs on a Marantz 8003).

I also have a NAD c568 that I run thru 7.1 inputs. I can reach around that and connect a cable, but it is awkward,

I'd like to get RCA extender cables (M-F) and leave it plugged to normally used unused inputs. Is that a dangerous or noisy to equipment idea? I could use wall plates for female RCA ports to keep the ends from touching.

There might also be RCA selector switch (1 in , 2 or more out) that would let me share a port to separate inputs on 8003 and C658. Most of these are described as multiple in and one out (does that make a difference).Though the Nobsound Little Bear MC1022 indicates it is bi-directional.

What do other folks do to make it easier to connect sound card to their gear for testing?

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Staff Member

An extension cable connected to a receiver input is no different than an input with no cable. Either way, nothing generating a signal is connected to the receiver.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt