Help with basic computer audio (Windows)

david yost

Hello All,

I am beginning to feel like one of those monkeys banging away at a keyboard that eventually types out a Shakespeare sonnet! This has been my experience with the Audiolense Convolver -- I keep trying various settings until the convolver locks in and music flows. This works until the next time I need to restart the computer and then it is back to square one. If I had a better understanding of how a computer handles audio, I think i can avoid this frustration.

All I am trying to do is stream music from Qobuz through AL XO to a Gigaport multichannel DAC. I have had the system working as recently as yesterday and I would very much appreciate it if someone can suggest a good "Windows sound for dummies" tutorial or maybe provide a detailed walkthrough for a poor layman! I use a 64bit Windows 10 Dell laptop.

Thanks for any help,
Desperate

hulkss

The convolver has some "issues" that Bernt is working to correct. There should be a new release on the way.

I posted a workaround that I use in one of the convolver threads.

david yost

Thanks hulkss! I have been talking with Mitch Barnett about doing a shared-screen session to walk me through the process. Wish us luck!

Top Bottom