Help ! Please

dallaire77

Registered
Hello everyone, I am new here to the forum. I have used REW years ago with the current mic/pre and mic. The Mic and Mic/pre were purchased from Acoutisoft I want to say ? It was the gear offered with the ETF program, don't know if its still around or not.. Anyway, I am trying to get reacquainted with REW again using the old gear. I was able to get through the file cal process for the sound card that is in the mic pre and also loaded the mic cal. file when purchased. Levels look good on everything but when I run a freq response test it looks like I just keep measuring my sound card ? nothing that looks like a freq response curve. I have input on the meters but noting seems to be measuring ? I have to set the sample rate to 48k as this was all the mic/pre would support from 2002 I think i purchased it. I'm running windows 10 on my new laptop. I do remember taking measurements with REW and same gear with an older laptop with no trouble, so perhaps its a communication issue ? I have tried everything I can think of on the preferences page to no avail. Everything plays back through system but nothing seems to being recorded. Signal generator works fine. Anyway, I'm sure I have forgotten a ton of specific's :sad:

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Make sure you have selected the input channel your mic is connected to, not a channel with a loopback connection. Beyond that you will need to post information on how your system is connected, your REW soundcard preference settings and an example mdat file of what your measurements are producing.

Bernard

Thanks for reply, tomorrow i will try and give all the criteria.
IBF MP-B Usb still good for service!
A sampling rate of 44.1 K is preferred.
Have you set the gain selector to 40dB?
Look at the properties of the sound card.

Attachments

• MP-B-USB-manual_r03.pdf
    841.3 KB · Views: 6
  • MPB USB 44.1K 16 bits.png
    MPB USB 44.1K 16 bits.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 4

dallaire77

Registered
thanks guys ! I have checked that and tried every configuration possible to no avail. This used to be a simple process to get accurate readings ? I'm starting to think my mic is no longer working as cant seem to get ANY results other than the sound card ! thinking of upgrading to simpler gear. Any suggestions ? keep hearing about these USB mics, just plug and play ? I have to get away from this for a bit, Its driving me nuts.
Thanks for the feedback guys !

Bernard

about these USB mics, just plug and play ? I have to get away from this for a bit, Its driving me nuts.
A brand new Umik-2 will point the tip of his nose 1/2 inch capsule in November.
You could be our tester! :)

dallaire77

Registered
Nice Mic ! Think I will get one when they hit the scene. I want to thank you guys for all your help ! I did some snooping in the device manager area and found my outboard sound card had defaulted to "1 channel operation" for whatever reason ? So switched to "2 channel 44.1 / 16bit " and it worked !! finally got a calibrated freq. response wow...:rubeyes:I've apparently been out of the "game" for way way too long lol. Diffidently going to go for the USB mic when it comes out, just SO much easier !
Thanks again fellas !

Top Bottom