GoldenEar Reveals Its All-New Triton One.R Tower Speaker

GoldenEar Reveals Its All-New Triton One.R Tower Speaker

full?d=1543605413.png
(November 30, 2018) Here’s a big post-Thanksgiving surprise: GoldenEar Technology has launched yet another brand-new speaker design. And to spice up the hype, the company says this isn’t a model you’ll need to wait to hear. It’s shipping now!

The new Triton One.R is billed as a follow-up to the company’s wildly successful flagship Triton Reference design. Taking technological and physical cues from Triton Reference, GoldenEar crafted the One.R to be a leaner and less expensive model without sacrificing in the performance department. Take just one look and you’ll see, this speaker drips with GoldenEar style… and if it truly walks in the Triton Reference’s footsteps, it's going to sound amazing.

Starting with the cabinet, the Triton One.R certainly resembles its older brother with a super-sleek tower design. Standing nearly 4.5-feet tall, it’s constructed using multi-density medite and finished with a hand-rubbed piano black lacquer. Internally, a network of bracing and damping pads composed of Dacron and long fiber wool help to complete a design intended to remain as inert as possible. Additionally, non-parallel cabinet sides minimize internal reflections while a narrow front baffle minimizes diffraction issues.

As you can see from the specs below, the speaker draws upon a wide range of drivers, including a single High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter, two mid-range drivers, four quadratic planar infrasonic radiators, and three long-throw subwoofers. According to GoldenEar’s press release, several of these drivers feature reworked designs, while the tweeter is the same exact design found on the Triton Reference. And it’s important to note: the subwoofer portion of the speaker is active, carrying a 56-bit DSP that’s used to deliver a flat and extended low frequency response down to 13Hz.

Toss in a variety of high-quality parts, and GoldenEar now has a new No.2 in its lineup. Priced more than $2,000 less than the Triton Reference’s $8,600/pair mark, the Triton One.R is offered at $2,999/each (or $6,000 per pair). As reference, that’s about $1,000 more than the company’s Triton One Tower.

Other news flowing from the GoldenEar camp involves CES 2019. The company says it will arrive at the popular Vegas expo with both its Triton One.R and DigitalAktive 3 (DA 3) speakers for demo. The DA 3 was shown at CEDIA 2018 and sounded fantastic (read show impressions: here). It’s expected to begin shipping late Q2 2019.

Triton One.R Specifications
  • Speaker Dimensions: 8" (20.3 cm) W x 165⁄8" (42.3 cm) D x 54" (137.2 cm) H (is with base installed, no spikes)
  • Base: 123⁄8" (31.4 cm) W x 1913⁄16" (50.3 cm) D | Weight: 80 lbs (36.3 kg)
  • Frequency Response: 13 Hz - 35 kHz | Efficiency: 92 dB | Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
  • Driver Complement: Three 5" x 9" long-throw subwoofers coupled to Four 7" x 10" quadratic planar infrasonic radiators, Two 5 1⁄4" high-definition cast-basket mid/bass drivers, One High-Gauss Neodymium Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter
  • Rec. Amplification: 20 - 650 watt/channel
  • Built-In Subwoofer Power Amplifier: 1600-Watt SuperSub Subwoofer digital/DSP amplifier
  • Power Requirements/Consumption: 120 Volt at 50 or 60 Hz / 1600 Watts | 240 Volt at 50 or 60 Hz / 1600 Watts
  • Approved for NA (TUV) and the CE market

Last edited:

jdubs75

Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz AV10
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-7 Gen3
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-5 Gen3
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic DP-UB9000
Front Speakers
Revel PerformaBe F228Be
Center Channel Speaker
Revel PerformaBe C426Be
Surround Speakers
Atlantic Technology IC-8.3
Surround Back Speakers
Atlantic Technology IC-8.3
Front Height Speakers
Revel C763L
Rear Height Speakers
Revel C763L
Subwoofers
JTR CAP 4000ULF-LP, JTR CAP 4000ULF-ST
Video Display Device
JVC DLA-NX7
Screen
Stewart StudioTek 130 G3 123"
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony Elite
Streaming Equipment
Amazon 4K Firestick, Sony PS4, Apple TV 4k
Streaming Subscriptions
Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apollo
Other Equipment
Furman AC-215A, Monster MP HTS 5100, MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Thanks! Looks impressive Todd. Would be interesting to see where they fall in line on performance given they are $2,600 less than the Reference model. I have not heard the Reference. Have you listened to the Golden Ear Triton One's or the Reference? Anyone running either?

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Yes, I've heard the Ones and the Reference... reviewed the Triton Two+ some years back. These are excellent speakers. The Reference and Ones are amazing in person. Rich, detailed, and impressive low end. A few years back GE was running the One's as part of their CEDIA demo rooms. One of the songs played was "The Wall." That was one of those audio moments - for me - that I'll never forget. And we're talking about a show environment (granted, a contained/sealed demo room... but not a perfect environment). The imaging was fantastic and the audio just seemed to bathe you in evenness and power.

Great speakers.

I personally don't think I have a listening space that could handle the Reference model... but they're one of the sub $10K speakers that I'd like to own!!

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
Yes, I've heard the Ones and the Reference... reviewed the Triton Two+ some years back. These are excellent speakers. The Reference and Ones are amazing in person. Rich, detailed, and impressive low end. A few years back GE was running the One's as part of their CEDIA demo rooms. One of the songs played was "The Wall." That was one of those audio moments - for me - that I'll never forget. And we're talking about a show environment (granted, a contained/sealed demo room... but not a perfect environment). The imaging was fantastic and the audio just seemed to bathe you in evenness and power.

Great speakers.

I personally don't think I have a listening space that could handle the Reference model... but they're one of the sub $10K speakers that I'd like to own!!

I think your space would handle them just fine. A trio of those up front would be pretty awesome Todd!

I heard the Reference in a demonagainst a lot of much larger speakers. Many in the listening panel walked away impressed that the smaller references held up as well as they did. They could compete in dynamics but were better balanced overall with much better bass. Impressive for their size (not that they are small).

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
They would be awesome! GE gear rocks.

Top Bottom