FlexASIO and WMD-KS Sample Rate Selection Disappears

jmag999

Registered
I am using REW for audio measurements using a Topping E50 DAC and a E1DA Cosmos ADC. I need to use WMD-KS backend as it appears that the other backends sometimes manipulate the data. However, when I select this backend, the sample rate selection drop-down becomes empty in REW. Any idea how to resolve this? If it helps, even using the other backends, sometimes the sample rate does not change on one or both products. I have also found that if I switch to another backend, change the sample rate, and then switch back to WMD-KS, it maintains the correct sample rate.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
FlexASIO provides the list of valid sample rates, so this may be a question for Etienne. The early access build provides direct support for WASAPI exclusive as an alternative.

jmag999

Registered
For others having this issue, I have reported it on the FlexASIO github issue tracker (can't post the link here as I don't have 10 posts yet).

I did try WASAPI exclusive, but it does not provide the same results for me as WMD-KS.

jmag999

Registered
I see about a 20dB difference in SINAD measurement when switching between FlexASIO+WMD-KS vs Java-Exlusive mode. I see similar differences using other backends in FlexASIO (number of dB varies). Others using the E1DA Cosmos ADC see similar issues. I am happy to test things out if you have any ideas of things I could try.

phofman

Do you have any link to a discussion on that issue? I am following the audiosciencereview.com ES9822 threads but I may have overlooked that. Thanks.

Wasapi exclusive is direct access to the driver, which should be the same for kernel streaming (windows UAC2 driver). Or do you use some custom driver for KS?

Top Bottom