Feature request - Spectrogram - Include an option "Color frequency bands" to overlay colors on the Bass, Mids, and Highs frequency bands

georger_br

Registered
Hi,
Please consider including an option "Color frequency bands" to Controls on Spectrogram to overlay colors on the Bass, Mids, and Highs frequency bands. Like this:

I got the idea from an ObserVIEW screenshot (can't include the URL because this is my first post and the forum's antispam filter only allows one to post URLs after 10 posts):

EDIT: If it's not too much to ask, also for the slice when "Show slice at cursor" is checked and "Frequency Axis" is "X axis".

I like REW a lot. Thanks for any attention.

Best regards,

Georger

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can use the Show frequency bands option on the SPL & Phase graph to show the bands there. Would be a bit awkward on the spectrogram. I'm not sure how useful it is - once you know the frequency bands, you know them.

georger_br

Registered
When you want to compare and contrast cymbal sounds, which I'm doing for a book I'm writing, it is useful. It helps demystify subjective terms like warm, dark, bright, ping, wash, and shimmer.

Top Bottom