Feature request for Frequency axis...

Discussion in 'Official REW (Room EQ Wizard) Support Forum' started by ddude003, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ddude003

ddude003 Active Member

Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
    I was wondering if adding a Frequency axis input field to the Spectrogram Control box would be possible for the Windows version? There is one in the MacOS version...

Thank you...

Cordially...

#1 ddude003, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

Features are the same for all OS types, bar the OS-specific differences like ASIO. You might have been looking at different REW versions, perhaps? The latest features are in the beta versions here.

ddude003 likes this.
  3. ddude003

ddude003 Active Member

Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
    Oh, wow... Very nice... Thank you!!! And thank you for such a great audio tool...

4. Eric SVL

Eric SVL Active Member

Since we're here, any plans to use WASAPI? I know ASIO works, but it's a bit finicky for some.

5. John Mulcahy

John Mulcahy REW Author

ASIO support is only possible thanks to Martin Roth's JAsioHost, which exposes ASIO interfaces to Java applications. Beyond that REW uses JavaSound, so is limited to the JVM implementation - on Windows that is WDM drivers.

6. Eric SVL

Eric SVL Active Member

Reason I asked is that with foobar2000 I use WASAPI and it seems pretty solid. However, I just did some research, and people are claiming ASIO has less latency which is probably important for measurements: http://forum.cakewalk.com/asio-or-wasapi-m3595481.aspx

So, carry on :)