Failing to install on MacOS Ventura Dev Beta

R3k

Registered
Hi. Just a heads up, the REW installer seems to be broken on my test system here. Running the latest developer Beta of MacOS Ventura on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra.

The installer starts to launch and a window appears saying that it's preparing to install. That window disappears in a moment and the installer just stops with no windows on screen. My Dock still shows the installer icon and names it 'java' but there are no on screen windows to interact with. "REW Installer" is not hanging inside the application switcher.

It's almost like 'java' is requiring some sort of interaction from me but MacOS is blocking it from querying me.

I can see no entries in macOS's security / privacy settings that have holding things up.

I can still use my older (pre Ventura installed) version of REW so all good there.

Cheers

fattire

@John Mulcahy - I'm having this issue as well. 2021 14" M1 MBP. I did a fresh install of the final version, not an upgrade, of MacOS 13 (Ventura). I get behavior identical to R3k's above with both 5.20.13 and the 5.20.14 early access versions.

Reactions: R3k

fattire

I see new builds / releases and will try those later today.

I wanted to drop a note that I was able to get 5.20.3 installed with no issue on Ventura. Upgrades still had the same problem.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It was an installer bug when the mac was in dark mode, it got fixed in the latest installer release.

fattire

Confirming the issue is resolved in the latest 5.20.14 build. Thank you, sir!

Ralph_O

Registered
Great to hear it's resolved but where can I download 5.20.14 (currently doesn't seem to be available on this site)

Spocksbeard

Registered
Hi, using MacOS 13.2.1and trying to install REW 5.20.13 in dark mode it still has a problem. I see the installer being prepared but then no installer window. Thanks to this thread I could switch bright mode and was able to install it without an issue.

Top Bottom