Export Recorded Sweep?

Philberish

Registered
Morning all,

I think it's my first post here, so hello everybody...

I've just hit a situation where I'd really like to be able to export the raw recorded REW sweep data as a WAV file for use in an alternative acoustic analysis app. I can't see any option for such a thing (I'm running V20.8) but of course I may be missing something. I know the impulse data can be exported as a WAV but not the raw recorded sweep data. Does anybody here know diffferent?

Thanks
Phil

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The raw captured data is not retained. There is a temporary copy of it which is used to generate the Captured graph for the last measurement made, but there is no way to export that. Analysing the raw data would in any case also require a copy of the sweep used as the stimulus and (if distortion is to be analysed) the details of the parameters used to generate that sweep.

Philberish

Registered
Thanks John. I suspected I was asking for the unlikely, but hey, if you don't ask....I had recorded the sweep by the way so I'd have had that.

For what it's worth, the reason for wanting to analyse in a different app is that vector (PDF/Illustrator) output of graphs suits my needs much better than JPG/PNG.

Cheers
Phil

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The impulse response characterises the system so you should be able to analyse that in any app that suits your needs.

Philberish

Registered
The app (FuzzMeasure) needs the raw measured sweep data to calculate distortion, it worn't do distortion from just the impulse. And Røde have clearly stopped developing FuzzMeasure since they bought it in 2018 (I think). Such a shame, it's a really cool little app.

P

Top Bottom