Erin's Audio Corner buys a $100k Klippel NFS!

jtwrace

More  
Main Amp
(4) Hypex NC502MP
DAC
Topping D90
Front Speakers
JBL M2
Subwoofers
(2) Rythmik FM8, (1) UM18, (1) Custom DIY Ciare 18
Other Speakers or Equipment
BSS BLU 50
Streaming Equipment
RPi4 using RopieeeXL
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
Other Equipment
All Belden 1800F and 1313A
I'm posting this from another site that he posted. I find this pretty amazing as this is a hobby for him and something he's doing out of passion. Check it out below and his website and YouTube channel. He has great info! Also, if you want to send him speakers to measure, keep in mind that there's no cost to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after months of back and forth, looking at expenses and trying to predict the future, I finally did it...

I have acquired a Klippel Near Field Scanner!!!!

As some of you have seen me say before, it takes me 10+ hours; sometimes literal days. The NFS will cut that time down significantly and provide even higher accuracy data. I should be receiving it hopefully within a few weeks. I am awaiting a shipping date from Klippel but I just sent payment for shipping/import fees this morning.

It's going to take me a long time to pay this off... at my current YouTube revenue rate it may be 10-15 years (I have literally been averaging $10/day; which is nice but it is nowhere near enough to make a living from). So, it should be apparent (if it wasn't already apparent) this isn't about money for me but about passion. Frankly, if I were in this stuff for the money then I would just throw up subjective reviews like so many of the other reviewers and knock out a review per week. That's not a knock against those guys... plenty of people watch and appreciate that content. But that's not my goal with my channel/site. For me it is about gathering evidence (data) and using that to help draw meaningful conclusions about what we as listeners like and prefer and then use that knowledge along with future data to help inform in order to make purchase decisions that make more sense for us. I am trying hard to do my best to provide objective and subjective; that's my real goal. And I think I do a good job but the NFS will allow me to take it to a new level. This isn't my full time job but I work just as hard at it as I do my day job.

As I've said before... if I can just break even, this is a great way for me to pass the time in a meaningful way. I get to play with cool toys. I get to make more friends. I get to learn. I get to grow. And, maybe, if this passion doesn't wane (it hasn't in my last 15 years) then it'll be a hobby for me after I retire from my real job. And the community benefits with great data. The data can never replace hearing something yourself (because tastes can change, etc). But I am a proponent of good data to help us build a better understanding and filter out the junk from the "maybe" pile.

Now, I'm all in on this and payment is being taken care of on my end. However, I have started a PayPal contribution page for those of you who have the means and have found my efforts useful enough to warrant contributing to the cause in order to help me at least offset some of my costs. I know times are tough for everyone so if you can't or simply don't want to contribute, hey, I get it. Like I said, it's already a done deal. But if you are able to help just know that I am extremely grateful for anything you can help with.

Erin's Audio Corner
Erin's Audio Corner - YouTube

If you want to help contribute to the cause the link is below:
Contribute to Erin's Audio Corner Klippel NFS Fund

Full disclosure: Erin did come on my podcast and that episode is coming soon so please subscribe to my YouTube channel!
wink.gif

The Intellectual People Podcast - YouTube

jtwrace

More  
Main Amp
(4) Hypex NC502MP
DAC
Topping D90
Front Speakers
JBL M2
Subwoofers
BSS BLU 50
Streaming Equipment
RPi4 using RopieeeXL
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
Other Equipment
Here is Erin on my podcast:

AJ Soundfield

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RXA800, Denon AVR-X4500, Lexicon MC10
Main Amp
Hypex Ncores
Additional Amp
Abacus Ampino, Triode Corp TRV-35SE
Computer Audio
AudioEngine D2
DAC
NAD M51
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Yamaha BDA1010
Front Speakers
Soundfields
Center Channel Speaker
Soundfields, KEF Q150
Surround Speakers
Soundfields
Surround Back Speakers
Revel M16
Subwoofers
Soundfield Cardioid Rythmik Servo
AVA ABX

Kingnoob

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Onkyo 818
Front Speakers
Klipch icon
Center Channel Speaker
Klipch icon
Surround Speakers
Klipch icon
Surround Back Speakers
Klipch icon
Subwoofers
Jamo sub 10”
What exactly does it do ? Wow 100k !!! How can you afford that thing ??audiocorner a site ??
kippel nfs??

jtwrace

More  
Main Amp
(4) Hypex NC502MP
DAC
Topping D90
Front Speakers
JBL M2
Subwoofers
BSS BLU 50
Streaming Equipment
RPi4 using RopieeeXL
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
Other Equipment
What exactly does it do ? Wow 100k !!! How can you afford that thing ??audiocorner a site ??
kippel nfs??
If you click on the video it will take you to his YT reviews or his website is here.

Top Bottom