EQ Export filter settings as text/impulse response

Almoped

Registered
If I have setup EQ filters in REW should I get the same result, sound wise, if I export the filter settings as text or the filters impulse response as WAV and subsequently use the output in Equalizer APO software?

The text based settings seems quite a bit easier to adjust without having to re-export from REW.

In the REW EQ for measurement window, does the Modal Analysis/Find resonances support REW somehow in making/setting up filters or is the Find resonances functionality just for human interpretation?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Using the filter settings or the filter IR should give the same result.

Find Resonances is for human interpretation, but the T60 time shown can be used to help configure a filter if you select the 'Modal' filter type - that is a PEQ filter that is adjusted using a T60 time rather than a Q, when the filter's T60 matches the resonance's T60 the filter cancels the resonance. If you have used ?Find Resonances the Pole Zero plot can be used to view the measurement's poles and zeroes, and those of any configured filters. For the measurement the poles are the main interest, adjusting a filter to place its zeroes on the poles of a resonance cancels the resonance, replacing it by the decay of the filter itself (the filter's pole, which is closer to the origin and so has a faster decay).

Top Bottom