DSPeaker measurements into Audirvana via REW?

Jas0_0

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Croft 25R
Main Amp
Croft 7R
Front Speakers
ProAc Response 1SC
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I'm just realising the potential of REW and my iMac as a room measurement/correction device in my stereo setup and wondered if you could help me with something.

My DSPeaker Anti Mode 2.0 exports both 'before' and 'after' room correction measurements that can be loaded into REW (files attached).

I wondered if there's a way to use these measurements in Audirvana (maybe using REW and an AU plugin?) - allowing me to remove the Anti Mode from the signal path and play high res music at native sample rates, rather than them being downsampled to 48kHz by the Anti Mode.

Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks in advance,

James

Attachments

• C-AFTER.TXT
    4 KB · Views: 25
  • C-BEFORE.TXT
    4 KB · Views: 24

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Not directly, no. You would need to know the filters being applied, and there isn't a way to export those (the DSpeaker filter structure is anyway somewhat different to typical EQ filters). You could use the before measurement data to create a set of filters in REW and apply them with something like Equalizer APO, or your music server software if it supports eq filters.

Jas0_0

More  
Croft 25R
Main Amp
Croft 7R
Front Speakers
ProAc Response 1SC
Thank you John. I have been experimenting with generating EQ filters in REW based on the Anti Mode's 'before' untreated room measurement and have now got a set of about 8 PEQs which roughly emulate the Anti Mode's 'after' curve.. Audirvana supports AU plugins so I can add REW's PEQ settings to an AU equaliser manually. There seem to be a few such PEQ AU plugins available - do you happen to know a good free 8+ band one for MacOS?

ddude003

AV Addict
Somewhere Northeast of Kansas City Missouri
More  
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium TubePre (2 channel+sub)
Main Amp
McIntosh MC152 SS Amp (2 channel)
Additional Amp
Yamaha RX-A850 Pro (the other 5 channels lol)
Computer Audio
MacBook Pro, Custom i7 7700k De-lid 2xAsus1080ti GFX Audirvana Studio, Hang Loose Convolver, Pulsar Massive & 8200, LiquidSonics, SoX
DAC
Chord Electronics Ltd. Qutest
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X700 /M Ultra HD 4K HDR & PS5
Front Speakers
Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL
Center Channel Speaker
Martin Logan Motion C2
Surround Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4
Surround Back Speakers
Martin Logan Motion 4 (yes, another set of these)
Subwoofers
Martin Logan Dynamo 700
Other Speakers or Equipment
Cifte 12AU7 NOS & Genalex Gold Lion Tubes in Pre
Video Display Device
Samsung The Premiere LSP7T UST Laser Projector
Screen
Elite Screens Aeon CLR3 0.8 Gain 103-inch
Remote Control
PrimaLuna, Lumin iApp, Samsung & Yamaha
Streaming Equipment
Netgear Nighthawk S8000 Streaming Switch, Lumin U1 Mini Streamer Transport
Streaming Subscriptions
QoBuz Studio Premier, Amazon Prime & Netflix
Other Equipment
ThrowRug, SaddleBlankets, WideBand & Bass Traps...
Thank you John. I have been experimenting with generating EQ filters in REW based on the Anti Mode's 'before' untreated room measurement and have now got a set of about 8 PEQs which roughly emulate the Anti Mode's 'after' curve.. Audirvana supports AU plugins so I can add REW's PEQ settings to an AU equaliser manually. There seem to be a few such PEQ AU plugins available - do you happen to know a good free 8+ band one for MacOS?

Have a look at the Apple N-Band Equalizer... Audirvana - prefs - audio units (AUNBandEQ) and see if that will do what you are looking for... It may have come with GarageBand... Don't know for sure... I also use Tokyo Dawn Labs AU plugins to sweeten things up and/or knock the edges off crappy digital tracks...

I am not affiliated with any of these companies or their products... I am just a happy customer... 8^)

Last edited:
Top Bottom