DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
Hi. I have trial version of AL Convolver and I cannot get app to properly recognize my Exasound DAC.
It is an 8 channel USB DAC (using 6 channels for my speaker config) and it has no input other than the USB, with ASIO driver that has been rock solid with JRiver..

I tried the "Roon fix" to manually configure number of channels, but that did not help. No other settings I see that could possibly work around this issue.

I cannot start the stream.

Strangely enough in JRiver (zone is configured to output to AL Asio), after I close up the convolver, and the system tray no longer indicates the convolver is running (icon is gone), JRiver plays directly to my exasound DAC.

Any ideas?

Issue.jpg

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
I took another look, and got this working from within JRiver (Instruction #2 from AL help file), but there seems to be some wonkiness when I do this.
Most notably, I sometimes end up with two AL convolver icons in the system tray. They each look active, but to determine which one is processing requires me to change some settings i.e. volume to verify active instance Some other weird stuff, but usually after I've made some configuration change within Convolver UI while playback is in progress.

The error in the above jpg only occurs when I try to configure for stand-alone mode. (Instruction 1 from AL help file)

When time allows, I'll take another look at this but via JRiver it seems to work with a bit of wonkiness and stand-alone will not recognize my DAC properly.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
Does your exaSound have any inputs? If it doesn't you can't make the stand-alone work.

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105

whoareyou

More  
Main Amp
Benchmark AHB2
Additional Amp
ATI AT525NC
Computer Audio
JRiver
DAC
Exasound E38
Front Speakers
Psb synchrony one
Center Channel Speaker
PSB synchrony one C
Surround Speakers
Revel m105
?? What do you regard as "inputs?" AFAIK, all exaSound DACs have multiple inputs.

Good question... But I mentioned USB input, so I thought Bernt was asking about analog (perhaps microphone) input .... Either way, I don't understand why convolver reports -1 for output channels.

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
@Kai rubinson

I meant audio inputs that can be used to receive external sources. I just had a look at their site and see what you mean.

For whatever reason, the inputs are not exposed to the Asio driver. So the convolver sees the unit as one with outputs only.

In any case, the dac will work just fine with the convolver, just not in stand-alone mode.

@whoareyou the number of output channels reported here are the number of channels used to output corrected audio. But there has to be a match between available inputs on the sound card and the number of inputs that the correction is designed to handle before anything comes out.

Top Bottom